Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hamish17 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2012, 07:36 AM
    We have a severe nasty smell behind our freezer but nothing can be seen
    We have an awful musty smell from behind out freezer, any assistance/advice please
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2012, 08:51 AM
    Move the freezer out and check under and behind it. Also check around the compresser area of the freezer

Jan 20, 2012, 12:24 PM
    I will ask a neighbour to do as you advise (I am 80 living alone) and will let you know the results.
    Thank you for your assistance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2012, 12:57 PM
    First thing comes to mind ( sorry) would be a dead mouse or something under it. Good luck, we all should move Fridge, and items out and clean good around them, but I know it is harder as we get older.

Jan 21, 2012, 07:34 AM
    Thank you so much, my neighbour had to uplift one of the floor boards under the freezer and guess what he found? The remains of several mice, he sprayed the cleared area with Domestos Bleach.

Well done Fr Chuck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

There's a nasty smell when I turn on 2 particular light on upstairs.. [ 1 Answers ]

It's only in my room and my daughters room, every other light fitting in the house is fine.. It's not a burning smell, it's just horrible. A bit like the foul smell of a nicotine patch (if you've ever smelled one). At first I thought it might be a dead rat or something in the loft but after 2...

Nasty smell coming from our master bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

We just bought a trailer about a year ago and now that's its getting nice out we get this really bad smell from our master bathroom espically when it gets hot. We have two sperate sinks and a shower witch we use all 3 all the time we also have a big tub in the corner of the bathroom that we only...

Nasty smell in bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have been leaving with a nasty sewage smell in my bathroom for the past two weeks. It is a smell isolated to my master bathroom, but that is so strong it will move the smell to my bedroom and at certain times of the night, my family room. The second bathroom is fine.when it first...

Chemical smell from fridge and freezer! [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I've got a Frost Free, freezer on top, Magic Chef Fridge. It has a very strong 'chemical' smell. I've washed it down, cleaned the drip pan, cleaned underneath, and under the drawers. I haven't found any bad food. I read a blog that said to get to the freezer coils to clean them, but it...

View more questions Search