Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gav0923 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2012, 02:00 AM
    Endometrial regrowth after endometrial ablation in younger women
    I am 26yrs old and had an endometrial ablation 7 months ago. The ablation was done during ovulation and I was not given any hormonal medications beforehand. I had a biopsy done revealing that I had adenomyosis. After the procedure I bled heavier than my usual period for six weeks before the bleeding stopped. I then began having menstrual periods on schedule each month, just about 1/4 to 1/2 lighter than before the ablation. My menstrual cramping is still just as strong as before.

I wanted to know if the symptoms I have mean that I still have left over endometrium, and if it has a good chance of regrowing due to the factors listed above. If the endometrium regrows, is the amount of scar tissue in the uterus reduced? I was scared to learn about how much the uterus can be damaged and scarred after this procedure, and hope my body can regain homeostasis to some extent as I regret having this done. Thank you!

Check out some similar questions!

Endometrial ablation [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried researching this to no avail (or no answer that I want to hear). I had and endometrial ablation almost 7 years ago. I just turned 35 and now would like to have a child. I am back to having pretty regular light periods which leads me to believe by endometrium has/is growing back slowly....

What are the early symptoms that a endometrial ablation has not worked [ 1 Answers ]

What are the early symptoms that a endometrial ablation has not worked?

Endometiral Polyp and endometrial ablation [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Ask, I went to my OBGYN for Mennoragia, excessive bleeding, had an ultrasound and they think it is a polyp. I am scheduled to have a hysteroscopy and remove the polyp as well as a tubal ligation as I requested. My doctor suggested endometrial ablation. Although tempted I am wondering...

Post endometrial ablation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have recently had an endometrial ablation and am now suffering from a womb infection, My doctor prescribed two lots of antibiotics, which are almost finished and yet I don't feel any better, I am feverish and in a lot of abdominal pain, The best way I can describe it is as a heaviness in the...

Endometrial ablation [ 1 Answers ]

Should there be bleeding and pain 3 days after procedure?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.