Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kountry bar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Recharging lawn tractor battery
    My John Deere battery for my lawn tractor -- LT 133 -- is (almost) dead. Can I jump start it by using battery cables hooked up to my Ford van, or is the van battery too powerful for the Deere? I don't want to fry either or both.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 14, 2007, 12:34 PM
    You should be just fine, they are both 12vdc. Your car battery is larger and can crank more but 12v is 12 v. Connect your cables just like jumping a car. The good battery has the red/black cavbles on the terminals. The bad battery put the red on the positive terminal and ground the black cable to the frame or bare steel area of the tractor.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Yep... but do keep in mind, a drained battery puts a hurting on the stator... as the engine has to recharge it... not keep it up now..
    lawje2001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2011, 08:29 AM
    Do I have to disconnected my battery and remove it from the mower to charge it? It's a Ferris 500 Z and I would also have to remove my hydrolic system?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mtd lawn tractor [ 6 Answers ]

I recently bought a used mtd lawn tractor, 38" deck, 7 speed manual ,12 hp I/c briggs engine. The tractor needs a new transmission belt. Because I don't have an owners manual or parts list, I don't know which belt to order. Does anyone know what belt I need?

Weedeater lawn tractor [ 7 Answers ]

I have a weedeater lawn tractor age unknown but 5-8 years guessing with a 12.5 briggs engine, went to start it last week and clicking was all I got so tried to manually turn crankshaft and it was froze, this week I got to tinkering with it and was able to turn shaft and it fired up like always,...

Craftsman 16.5 Lawn Tractor [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently replaced the mower clutch cable on my 16.5 HP Craftsman LT1000 lawn tractor with a 42" deck. After doing so, the transmission to the tractor will not engage. All the belts seem to be in place. I did not replace the clutch carriage bolt yet, as indicated by the instructions, after...

Mtd lawn tractor [ 3 Answers ]

I have an MTD lawn tractor seems to act like it is sliping if forward gear I have repaced the belt. Does not do this in reverse. Could it be the transmission is that rebuildable?

Tractor lawn mower [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a Wizard lawn mower with a Briggs & Stratton engine that was ran with low oil I don't know much about engines but when I stripped it the piston arm has sheared at the end I can't see any other damage so my problem is I need to replace the piston but I can't see any no on the piston all I...

View more questions Search