Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ahhxbee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2012, 04:51 PM
    Industrial Piercing
    I got an industrial piercing 4 days ago. Is it normal to be red, and swollen and hurt so bad I can't even touch it? I've been cleaning it regularly, so I don't see how it could get infected. It's been throbbing and warm for the last 2 days. Just a bit concerned. Any Advice?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 19, 2012, 04:55 PM
    What are you cleaning it with,and where is it?
    Meems5 Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Jan 21, 2012, 05:42 AM
    Redness is normal but swelling is not! If it is sore and develops puss- you will need to take it out immediately.

Try rock salt and water and wash the area twice a day and see if that helps. If it doesn't within a few days then your body is rejecting the piercing and does not want it unfortunately
    cutiepie06 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2012, 11:17 AM
    My industrial was VERY red and tender to the touch for 2-3 days. So it's normal. Of course, if there is puss seeping out of it, go to your piercer ASAP (go to their office OR call their number). I wouldn't recommend taking it out on your own since the piercing is still new. But again, if you're concerned, ask your piercer. Otherwise, the pain/redness is normal for the first 2-3 days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Industrial piercing [ 0 Answers ]

Hey I'm 13 and my mom is going to take me to go get an industrial piercing this Wednesday (though I may end up not getting it :P my friend tried to get one this week and they wouldn't let her :/) but I was wondering what I should do for it after to keep it clean I work at a barn and I'm there 3...

Industrial Piercing [ 1 Answers ]

I got an Industrial Piercing 2 weeks ago. It didn't hurt for long, even now it doesn't really hurt. But I'm starting to see a lift in the skin at the top of my ear. Is it hypertrophic scarring? It's not that big and if you looked at it you probably wouldn't notice unless you got really close. But...

Industrial piercing [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am thinking of getting an industrial piercing and was wondering how long will it be until I can take it out for a very short period without it closing up?

Industrial piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I got my industrial piercing like about 2 weeks ago I've been putting the spray I bought over at the parlor but are there any Other procedures you need to take care of it I thinks its healing quickly cause' it didn't even hurt that much when I got it or now (p.s I'm 13)

Industrial piercing. [ 2 Answers ]

So yeah. My friend pierced me an industrial yesterday. It was done with a special piercing needle. It bled a lot in the beginning, but it's all fine now. It only hurts D: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/kerli1992/untitled-6.jpg But the thing I wanted to know is that should I spin it? Or...

View more questions Search