Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samtcat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Can I stop computer generated phone calls.
    Is it possible to "trick" or "fool" a computer generated phone call into thinking that my number is disconnected by repeatedly pressing either the astrick (*) or pound (#) symbol on my phone?

If true, approx. how many times would the key need to be pressed?
    MissAdvice Posts: 63, Reputation: 9
    -

May 7, 2007, 09:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by samtcat
    Is it possible to "trick" or "fool" a computer generated phone call into thinking that my number is disconnected by repeatedly pressing either the astrick (*) or pound (#) symbol on my phone?

If true, approx. how many times would the key need to be pressed?
    The answer is Yes. LOL, I laughed at this one, cause I had a similar situation a few years back. I had a service called select call forwarding, that allowed me to forward certain numbers to another number. What I did, was forward the call to the time. So each time the computer called it went to the time. But you must know the number that's calling you. Many telemarketers are getting more advance, having numbers call you like 000-00-0000 or they may use 011457 numbers these numbers are hard to deactivate. You also can call your phone company and ask them about specific services. I know that Verizon has a service that blocks these calls, by making them give you a name. If they do not provide a name then the call is never connected. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unwanted phone calls and text messages [ 4 Answers ]

My friend has been getting calls and text messages from a certain cell phone number. He has tried every means possiable including the local police department, to find out who this is. What he has found out is that it is a TracPhone (pre-paid). That's it. Is there anyone out there that can tell...

Phone jack stop working [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone have any idea why a phone jack would stop working? For a couple of days, there was a lot of static on the line but it worked. To remedy that problem, I tried unplugging and replugging the phone a number of times. Then I got no dial tone at all. I tested the phone at another phone jack in the...

Computer connection via phone line with dial-up host [ 2 Answers ]

I need to connect to a computer in a rural area where there is no high speed internet - just phone connections. Purpose is to monitor one or more cameras on the property. Need to set up a computer to computer connection that's initiated when I dial rural computer and have it set up to answer...

Late night phone calls [ 24 Answers ]

I have always been somewhat of a night owl, and especially so now that I have a young baby to care for. Most nights I am up until 2 am and sometimes later. However, I don't like getting phone calls after a certain time, say, 10 pm or so. Tonight a friend of mine called after 11, just to talk about...

How are cell phone calls transmitted [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, When I make a cellphone call from say Louisiana to California, how is the call transmitted: I am interested in knowing the exact details. How many base stations may be involved and when? When are wireless and wired mediums used? Is the method of transmission similar to that of a landline...

View more questions Search