Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    furnaceproblem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Furnace heat does not turn off
    Turned the thermostat on to get some heat. After the room warmed, turned the thermostat off. Although the thermostat was turned to off, the temperature rose to be over 90 degrees. I decided to check the furnace and turned the gas cock off because I didn't want to produce any more heat. Could someone tell me what they think could be the problem?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Best guess, since I know nothing about your furnace from your post, is a bad gas valve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help heat won't turn off [ 3 Answers ]

My wife had our ac set on 78, well it has gotten pretty cold here lately so today while I was gone she turned the heat on. Now 6 hours later I had to turn off the power for it on the breaker to get the heat to turn off. The furnace was set on 73, but when I got home the thermostat was sitting at...

Fan won't turn on in HEAT [ 1 Answers ]

Hope someone can help... When my thermostat is set to "AUTO" and "HEAT", and temperature is set to high like 85, I can hear some activity from the furnace but the fan will not blow. When I set it to fan to "ON", the fan does indeed blow, but not warm. The thermostat has been working fine - I...

Heat won't turn off [ 3 Answers ]

I have a ul electric furnace that works fine other than it won't turn off. I have to turn of the main power in order to turn it off. I read that this could be the relay. If so how do I replace it if not what could be the problem. Please help Thanks

Heat will not turn off [ 4 Answers ]

When I turn off at the thermostat most times it will not turn off if it does go off it will pop right back on when I turn it off by the main power if I leave it off only a few seconds it comes back on when it stays off for a couple of minutes it will stay off Thanks

Help... The heat won't turn off! [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering if any one could help before I dish out $$ to fix it. I'm hoping its something hubby can fix. We have to thermostats (1up stairs and 1 down). 1 AC unit. The heat is working just fine downstairs. Problem: The upstairs heat won't turn off. I turned the thermostate off. I...

View more questions Search