Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fedupneighbor Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2012, 06:50 AM
    How can I stop my neighbor from harassing my family
    My neighbor by the way is in his late 30s and he tried to fight my 15 yr old son. We got a police report of the incident. He has called codes, the police, animal control etc on several people in our neighborhood. He called the police on my family because my teenagers have friends that stop by, he told the police that they were selling drugs. All was found to be untrue. Now he is telling people at out neighborhood watch that there is underage drinking and drug use at our house. That too is untrue. How can I put a stop to his harassment both direct and indirect.
    Raj_singh Posts: 11, Reputation: -1

Jan 18, 2012, 04:59 PM
    I own a shop in an estate and understand your problem.
    Best way is to go to your local neighborhood meeting and tell them about this.
    CPO's community police officers, local council members, police etc etc ask for their help.
    If you know other people in your area getting harassed by this person, get a petition started and get your community to back you. This is what community is.
    Raj_singh Posts: 11, Reputation: -1

Jan 18, 2012, 05:06 PM
    To be honest the Law is too soft, police haven't got much powers to deal crimes. They can't hit criminal it's an assault, you can't protect your family for example if your neighbour is agguring with your son and swearing at thin and pushing him or maybe hitting him, if you run over and hit your neighbour he gets you done for assault. "what a joke"
    You can buy good CCTV system with sound or without pretty cheap these days get one fitted and keep your family protected and you have a witness in further.

Jan 18, 2012, 05:21 PM
    Thank you for your help. I will be going to my next neighborhood watch meeting. It just annoys me that this guy feels like he has the right to just say whatever about whoever. When he himself is a convicted felon and he himself has been known for smoking weed with the local teenagers. I guess since he has no job he has nothing better to do than sit around and harass others. Even my teenage boys work full time jobs. Maybe he should take notes.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 19, 2012, 04:39 AM
    There are laws against filing a false police report. If you can show that he did so with malice and knowing it was false, then you may get the DA to prosecute.

If you have a neighborhood watch definitely bring this up so the neighborhood knows he is the problem not others.

Does this guy own where he lives? If he rents, you may be able to get the landlord to evict or, at least, not renew his lease.
    sandymfm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2012, 05:04 PM
    I'm currently casting a show for a major network aiming to resolve issues like this and might be able to help. If you are interested in learning more, please email {e-mail removed}

Feb 3, 2012, 05:32 PM
    I would like to hear more about the network... The email address was removed... Please sent me a way to contact you.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2012, 05:44 PM
    Hello s:

I'm a mean neighbor. I'll be happy to be in your reality show. Have your people get in touch with my people.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2012, 06:08 PM
    So go to the neighbor watch and call tell everyone he is a lying and a trouble maker, Get all of the people he has lied against to show up. If he files false police report, go to the DA and complain about it.

Feb 10, 2012, 11:38 AM
    Sure will

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to stop a neighbor from harassing my family [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all, Forgive me , first time using the site I have an Issue with a neighbor harassing me and my family, we live in a townhouse/condo and we share a porch which is considered a common area unfortunately Well this neighbor and his friends and family all hangout there smoking and...

How to stop a neighbor from harassing my family? [ 7 Answers ]

I am also in Michigan and long story short I live on a private driveway that is a half mile long and our mailboxes are at the end of our driveway. My granddaughter lives with me and now has my vehicle which the neighbor across the street thinks is mine. When she stops on the private driveway to...

How to stop my neighbor from harassing me n my children [ 13 Answers ]

My neighbor is allways yelling horrible things at my family. I have called the police on her more than 9 times. All they told me is to file a complaint. Nothing is being done and yes I know to record every time something happens. She is a teacher and for her to have such a dirty mouth in front of...

What can I do to stop my neighbor from harassing us? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone! I am a new member and I hope someone can help me with my problem! I live in the South Bay, part of Los Angeles County. I have a "neighbor" (and I use that term loosely) who has been harassing us every since we moved in 3 years ago. She has turned it into a battle over...

View more questions Search