Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjs8ig Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 17, 2012, 08:49 PM
    Am I Unknowingly ruining relationships?
    I'm 25 and I've been dating an 18 yr old for 3 months. We took every opportunity to see each other and talked almost every minute of the day. Then out of the blue she started blowing me off and making up excuses for why she didn't answer when I called. (phone didn't ring, didn't show a message, left it in the car). I confronted her and she acted like everything was fine between us. When we are together she tells me she loves me and wants to be with be forever. When we're not together she says she's confused and needs time to think. I ask to meet her to talk about it and she says OK, then blows me off again. I finally just told her to tell me if she wanted to break up and she never gives me an answer. She just says "I need time to think." at this point I'm done with the relationship. I just want to know why one day she tells me she loves me and wants to be with me forever, then the next completely avoids me and won't give me a solid answer.

I am 25 and I've had a 4 year, 3 year and 2 year relationship. That's it. I've never ended any of them because I'm the kind of person that feels any problem can be fixed. I've been single for 3 years and haven't let myself get involved with anyone. 3 months ago I decided to give it a shot. We say we love each other and when we're together we're happy. Out of nowhere though she started blowing me off when we make plans and we've barely spoken or seen each other in a week. I asked her why her behavior changed all of the sudden and she just gives me excuses about her phone not working. I finally went to her house two days ago and she told me she loved me and wanted to be with me forever. So yesterday I asked her to let me know when she got up and I'd stop by and she said OK. The day went on and I didn't hear a word from her so I asked if I could drop by and she said she went out with a friend. So I asked her to call me later and she said she would. Never heard from her. Basically, I'm sit around waiting on her because we make plans, but then she bails but doesn't even send me a simple message or call me for 10 seconds to let me know. I'm doing what I always do and I think I'm fighting for something that isn't there because I allowed myself to get attached again. I just want to know why she makes promises to call me or see me, tells me we're still on when I ask, then blows me off without saying a word. If she doesn't wAnt to be with me that's fine. Why can't she just tell me that instead of leading me on?
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Jan 18, 2012, 12:21 AM
    Many girls(or guys) simply don't want a confrontation and/or don't want to hurt their partner so, they throw the ball in their partners court... forcing an outcome. Gutless and disrespectful, yes but, very common. My theory anyway.

In any case, it's really about what you think you should do from this point. Do you like being brushed aside? If you don't have any communication then you really don't have much.
    jjs8ig Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 18, 2012, 04:12 AM
    No. Untold her from the beginning I wasn't going to be on the back burner. I was skeptical about the age difference at first, but she has a child and convinced me it didn't bother her, so I assumed she was more mature. Can't fight reality though. We're at different points in our lives. I'm ready for a relationship and although she said she was too, I think she is just at that point in her life where she wants to explore her options and prefers an on the side boyfriend. That's understandable. I just want a face to face conversation about it rather than the middle school text message thing. I think her age, combined with the fact that we've never done anything to be mad at each other makes it hard to break it off. I'm going to move on though. Lesson learned.
    Drewy Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2012, 04:37 AM
    There are so many women out there that do that it's unbelievable. The last woman I was with was 47 years old and did all the same drama. They don't know what they want is what it boils down to. It isn't worth it, just move on... They'll chase you again but don't fall for it, the same pattern restarts over.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 19, 2012, 07:12 AM
    I'm going to move on though. Lesson learned.
    Wise course of action, good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Still overly attached to my mum and it's making me jealous/ ruining relationships [ 11 Answers ]

I am a 22 year old girl, and have a boyfriend of 3 and a half years who is 25. We have always had a good relationship and I am get on with him really well (there is no issue here as such). However he is looking to buy a house in the near future and wishes for me to move in with him. The idea sounds...

I unknowingly groped my ex girlfriends sister while I was having a blackout [ 6 Answers ]

I was in a 4 year loving relationship and engaged to my ex girlfriend when suddenly both our worlds were crushed. I have had a binge drinking problem for a while now but never thought I was losing control of myself. 3 months ago my ex girlfriends sister told her mother that I groped her on 2...

My past ruining my relationships with girls and maybe my friendship to. [ 3 Answers ]

I love my ex girlfriend, but I can't go out with her for religious reasons now. But now I think I'm falling for my best friends crush. And I don't know if his crush likes me or not. And I know she has some feelings for my best friend. But I want to know what to do because every time I think about...

Unknowingly Evicted after Move Out [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the situation: I was renting an apartment and one night while I was sleeping someone broke in, kicking the front door down etc... To make a long story short I had my sons 410 deer hunting gun and when the guy came in I was standing there holding it, that scared him off and he left. I...

View more questions Search