Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluedicius Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2004, 07:28 PM
    Moles
    If 2.0 moles of nitroglycerin explodes, what is the total number of moles of gaseous products produced?
    4 C3H5N3O9(l) --> 12 CO9g) + 10 H2O(g) + 6 N2(g) + O2(g)

How many moles of Al(l) are produced if 4.5 moles of Al2O3(s) reacts?

How many moles of C(s) are necessary to produce 3.2 moles of Al(l)?

What is the formula, how do you manipulate it and how to solve these questions?

I really need your help, please, thank you so much in advance.
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Nov 18, 2004, 09:00 PM
    Easy, the moles are in the equation (are you sure that the equation is correct?):
    4 moles nitro give 12 moles CO, 10 moles water, 6 moles nitrogen, one mole oxygen, all together 29 moles of gas. (note that the oxygen would probably burn part of the CO, but that is another story).
    So, 2 moles nitro will give 14.5 moles of gas.
    If one were able to extract aluminum from its oxide, the equation would be:
    Al2O3 + something -> 2Al + something else containing oxygen
    - or, one mole Al2O3 gives 2 moles Al, so 4.5 moles Al2O3 will give 9 moles Al.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Moles on face [ 3 Answers ]

I have thick moles on my face.. they are getting enlarged. Earlier they were like small dot. Now they are increasing in colour and size. Please suggest some thng how can I get rid of that. These moles make me feel low in front of any one. Thanks prabhjot

Yard Moles [ 6 Answers ]

I have a BIG problem with yard moles. I would like to have any advise. I cannot afford all the "stuff" like stakes and traps. I was wondering if anyone has any "home remendies" to get rid of these. My neighbor also has them very mad. Sue

Chemistry moles and mass question [ 3 Answers ]

this problem is kicking my butt cause we have multiple choice and I can't seem to get any of the posted answers... please help! A 0.0100-mol sample of urea, NH2CONH2, contains 4.82 x 1022 atoms. 4.82 x 1024 atoms. 6.02 x 1022 molecules. 4.82 x 1023 atoms. 6.02 x...

Gound Moles YIKES [ 4 Answers ]

I have a GREAT BIG Mole problem. They are invading my yard at a very fast rate. It seems every morning I look outside they have built another condo. I have been reading different ideas... But really WHAT works... Human urine.. doggie poo... Murphy oil soap, hot peppers... Yikes... I don't want...

View more questions Search