Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisanne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2012, 08:13 PM
    Algebra problem
    If there are 2 large containers, each containing the same amount of juice in each and you pour 54 ounces of the first container into tbe second to make the second 4x's as much as the first, how many ounces does the first one have originally?
    corrigan Posts: 115, Reputation: 18

Jan 19, 2012, 09:43 AM
    Since both containers have the same amount of juice, we'll let be that amount.
    pour 54 ounces of the first container into tbe second to make the second 4x's as much as the first,
    is the amount in the second container, and is the amount in the first. If the secon is four times the first, then we have . Now just solve for and your done.

I hope this helps :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Algebra word problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have to solve a word problem using a method called HES (Heading, Equation, Solution). In the problem, there are 2 unknowns and we have to have 2 equations so that we can either use substitution or elimination. I have to let x=?(something) y=? (something) The word problems is as...

Algebra % mixture problem [ 1 Answers ]

A chemistry experiment requires 140 milliliters of a 30% copper sulfate solution. There is a 25% solution and a 60% solution how many milliliters of each solution should be mixed to obtain the needed solution

Algebra word problem help? [ 1 Answers ]

The tens digit of a number is 3 less than the units digit. If the number is divided by the sum of the digits, the quotient is 4 and the remainder is 3. What is the original number?

I need help with an algebra problem [ 33 Answers ]

(-4)(-3) ÷ 6 - 2 I need help with this problem. Thanks

Algebra Problem [ 1 Answers ]

what is the solution set for l2x-5l= 7 for x?

View more questions Search