Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vinit4you Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Foreign Income in two diff countries . But paid tax already in those countries
    Hi,

I am resident alien for Tax Yr 2006.
    I earned some income in Singapore (3 months) and In India (3 month) in Yr 2006.
    I guess, I can claim foreign tax credit for India as I am citizen of India and I pass 12 months test. But In Singapore I was on for 5 consecutive months and out of that only 3 months in 2006. But the funny thing is I paid tax in Singapore on my income.
    Still do I need to pay the tax on same Singapore income in US tax returns for which I already paid tax in Singapore?
    Also kindly confirm if I am eligible for Indian tax credit (1116).

Thanks in advance,
    Vinit
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 14, 2007, 10:39 PM
    Vinit:

You should prepare TWO Forms 1116: one for India and one for Singapore. Combine the credit on Form 1040.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outsourcing Jobs to Foreign Countries [ 11 Answers ]

I'm writing a paper on Outsourcing Jobs to Foreign Countries and for the life of me, I can't seem to get started with a thesis statement. I need at least four... any ideas? I am truly drawing a blank here! :confused:

Countries [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I s there a list of countries anywhere Along with the e mail code Like germany De etc It would be nice to have a list of all the codes To know exactly where one particular e mail has come from Thanks for any help Tim

Countries without a military? [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me how many,and which countries do NOT have a standing army? Or where I can find that information? Thanks!

Which countries do NOT have a military? [ 2 Answers ]

Could you tell me how many,and which countries do not have a standing army? Or information where I might locate this? Thanks you!

View more questions Search