Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetness5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Hamilton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote
    I have had this ceiling fan for about 6 years. Just last night I used the remote to turn off the light and fan, this morning it just stopped working. I replaced the battery, but still cannot get the remote to turn the light nor fan on. There's a light that lights up red when the remote is activated, that light is completely dead. There's no other way to turn the light on, so where can I find the remote only?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 14, 2007, 08:41 AM
    You should be able to buy a universal remote for your fan at Home Depot.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2007, 12:04 PM
    I agree. If the LED is not lighting up, replace the remote.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 14, 2007, 12:30 PM
    One last thing before you get in the car. Double check your battery replacement to insure the terminals are correctly situated. I just finished a job and the homeowner accidentally put the batteries in backwards.
    ledbythespirit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 02:59 PM
    I have a similar problem except my controller does light up green. Won't work and replaced battery still lights up but does not turn fan or light on. How can I fix and how can I work fan manually?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hamilton Bay Model AC 552 ceiling fan speed switch replacement [ 6 Answers ]

My pull chain broke on my fan speed switch. I replaced the switch with a 3-4 wire switch. I matches the black, brown. Grey and purlpe wire with the same connect number on the new switch that they had on the old switch. I believe this is a three speed fan. The fan now runs but it can not be turned...

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Hamilton ceiling fan remote and wall control [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a hamilton bay ceiling fan equipped with a remote, Can I also install a Wall control unit to work with the remote? Are they compatible? Can they both be used with the same fan at the same time? (as long as they are on the same frequency?)

Hamilton Bay Caswyck Ceiling Fan [ 1 Answers ]

We just purchased a 54" Hamilton Bay Caswyck ceiling fan and would like to know what is the highest watt halogen bulb we can use. It came with a 100 watt halogen bulb but would like it a little brighter. I can't find anything in the owner's manual of how high you can use. Do you have any answer's...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan W/remote [ 1 Answers ]

How do I switch wind direction?

View more questions Search