Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedabath Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2012, 04:04 AM
    Jacuzzi bath water leaking to kitchen ceiling
    I would like to repair my Jacuzzi bath replacing it is hugely expensive. The last time I had a bathin it there was an apparent leak from one of the jets (so says my builder)straight through the bottom of the bath under the bathroom tiles through to the kitchen ceiling!

The cost to replace the bath is out of my budget. Is there a short cut the bath otherwise is OK. Incidentaly I haven't used the jacuzzi function for years. So it leaks when the bath is filled.

Please help!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 17, 2012, 05:42 AM
    Hi ineedabat and Welcome to The Plumbing Page. At AskMeHelpDesk.com. You're responding to a 2 year old dead thread so I gave you one of your own. Look in then upper left hand corner of the first post form the date before you post, Thanks,
    here was an apparent leak from one of the jets (so says my builder)straight through the bottom of the bath under the bathroom tiles through to the kitchen ceiling!
    More details please! Where's the jet leaking from? Describe the leak. Is it the pipe that feeds the jet? Please give us as much information as you can. Back to you, Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 17, 2012, 10:54 AM
    The leak can be from several sources. The jets are one of them but not necessarily the most probable cause.

First, I would look at overflow to make sure it is screwed in tightly. . Then I would check h/c plumbing connecting angles stops and valves - and connection between h/c valves and spout. If you have hand-held shower then that would be my next point of interest. Drains itself including P-Trap may leak as well. Then, I would look at the jets. There should be access door behind the tub. If you have one than open it with tub filled and see where is the water coming from. You may be lucky and see the actual drip.

For starters, do this: Fill up tub 1" over the highest jet. Leave water in for over night. It may leak again during fill up but should (could) stop after an hour or so. See if the drip continues in the morning.

Back to you
    Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jacuzzi bath water leaking to kitchen ceiling [ 8 Answers ]

The bathroom in my house was completely renovated 5 years ago. Tonight, I had a bath in my jacuzzi soaker tub, without the jets on, just wanted a nice long soak. I thought I could hear water dripping, but I couldn't figure out what it could be. Later, when I came downstairs, there was water all...

How do I fix my bath tub drain it is leaking into my kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

My bath tub drain pipe I think popped off or cracked because it is leaking into my kitchen and really need to fixx it how can I get to the drain pipe? Without putting a hole in mmy kitchen ceiling ?

I have water leaking in above the ceiling in kitchen? [ 2 Answers ]

Above the kitchen is a window to the bathroom. When it is wind driven rain it takes a while but then comes in at a steady pace. After removing the ceiling above, the exposed metal joist is rusted along with the wood underneath. The water is coming in where the addition meets the bricks, but the...

Water leaking through kitchen ceiling [ 1 Answers ]

We live in military housing. The buildings are old, old enough to have had boiler rooms when they were first built. When we moved in the bathtub would take an hour to drain even 1/4 of the water from the tub. We tried everything ourselves then called housing and had them come fix it... the water...

Plumbing, water leaking from kitchen ceiling/wall [ 3 Answers ]

I have water coming down from kitchen ceiling (under bathroom) and the outside wall has a soaked through patch clearly visible at the bathroom floor level. The insurer's plumber says the job requires a 'dig out' - what does this mean? I understand I have a 'lead' pipe under the bathtub that may...

View more questions Search