Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sufficoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2012, 07:24 PM
    Man with long hair getting a job in the medical field
    I am a man with longer hair(long enough in front to touch chin, back is so the top of shoulders) interviewing for a job in the medical field. At my current job I just pull my hair back and into a very small tight, rolled up ponytail. Do you see the doctor's office not hiring me as a result of this?
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jan 16, 2012, 07:28 PM
    The medical profession is pretty conservative. I have nothing against long hair, used to have it myself, but it could be a problem. You don't need to get a buzzcut, a traditional businessman/politician style haircut should be fine. Traditional haircuts like to kind on retro TV shows like Mad Men have been making a comeback lately.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2012, 08:50 PM
    There is no rule, and no law about it. But assuming you will have dozens of others trying for the same job, you need to look into the culture of the office or facility you want to work for. But yes the long hair will make it harder to find a job in that industry.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jan 16, 2012, 09:02 PM
    I think that people are a little more enlightened now. IMO if you appear neat, clean and present yourself well you have just as much of a chance of getting the job as anyone else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could a convicted felon get a job in the medical field in the state of virginia? [ 2 Answers ]

If your convicted of forgery could you get into the medical field as a medical assistant the charges were back in 2002 and have been staying clean since that time did 2 years probation due to first ever charge

Is medical billing a good field to get into [ 1 Answers ]

Is medical billing a good field to get into?

Hippaa law in non medical field. [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I don't know what exactly I need to ask. First I work for my rent and have lived here for 3 yrs. WE have not worked for that long just on and off. Recently something happened on th property and seeing as we talk to the tenants on a personal basis we have been advised that we are under what is...

About medical field! [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know if this would be the correct place to ask this, but I'm going to try it anyway. I am a convicted felon. Drug case. Ive always wanted to work in the medical field. Before going to prison I was going to school for pharmacist. But now every field I seem to want to go into I cant. Does...

MD wants out of Medical Field [ 12 Answers ]

My husband is an OB/GYN doc. With all the hub bub invloved withHealth Insurance and other things, he is looking to maybe get out of the medical field. What does a 54 year old doctor do for a job outside of the medical field?

View more questions Search