Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    basslake Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2012, 12:53 PM
    Clearing field with dozer?
    Tips on clearing brush and roots from field leaving top soin pretty much in place?
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Feb 6, 2012, 01:56 PM
    If the brush isn't too, too thick, it usually works well to bushhog everything low to the ground, then run through with a root rake on your dozer (See here, for example), then bushhog again to cut off anything left sticking up out of the ground. If you want it really smooth after that, I think a skid-steer-mounted power rake would finish it off nicely.

If you're trying to get rid of every last stump and stem sticking out of the ground (for example, to put horses on it right away without having to wait a season for things to rot away), you may need to do something more rigorous. The forums at TractorByNet.com | Compact Tractors | John Deere, Kubota, New Holland offer a wealth of information on this subject matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To opt for the field which I have exp or to the field which is my actual background [ 0 Answers ]

I am a electronic engineer.Now I am pursuing my MBA in marketing(distance).I had 2 years of exp in telecommunication infrastructure(electrical) as site engg(electrical) with gross salary of 12k/month.Now I have recently changed to Business Development Executive in electronic sales of 10k/month, 3...

To opt for the field which I have exp or to the field which is my actual background [ 0 Answers ]

I am a electronic engineer.Now I am pursuing my MBA in marketing.I had 2 years of exp in telecommunication infrastructure(electrical) as site engg(electrical) with gross salary of 12k/month.Now I have recently changed to Business Development Executive in electronic sales of 10k/month, 3 months back...

I am a electronic engineer.Now I am pursuing my MBA in marketing.I had 2 years of exp in telecommunication infrastructure(electrical) as site engg(electrical) with gross salary of 12k/month.Now I have recently changed to Business Development Executive in electronic sales of 10k/month, 3 months back...

Can I change my career into IT field, I've DCT quali, but 10 yrs exp in other field. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm into logistics field for 9 yrs. I hv passed 3yrs diploma in computer technology. Now I aspire to change my career into IT field. Can I? If so what course I should persume?

View more questions Search