Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happybubble Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2012, 10:34 AM
    My long distance boyfriend said he wanted space..
    My long distance boyfriend said he wanted space because at times he wasn't sure what to say and that made it awkward... I don't know what that means.. And when I did give him space he shouted at me and said he didn't want space at that moment... I'm so confused and really sad that it seems like I can't get anything right at the moment with him... Help me please?
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Jan 16, 2012, 01:43 PM
    Have you tried asking him to explain his irrational behavior?

Even so, him asking for space should be taken as a clear sign that his feelings about your relationship are changing. So, call him on it... get some facts. Even though it may not be exactly what you want to hear.

Jan 16, 2012, 01:50 PM
    I have asked him and he says he still loves me he just finds that he can't find much to talk with me about anymore and that he just needs some space because he thinks that the space will help him have more to talk to me about... I'm really not sure what any of that means and whether he is talking complete BS...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 16, 2012, 05:11 PM
    How old are you guys, and how long have you been together, and why is this a long distance, or online relationship? How often do you actually see each other??
    anonymousdude Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Jan 16, 2012, 11:32 PM
    Break Up With Him. He Shouldn't Be Mean.

Jan 17, 2012, 12:36 AM
    talaniman: we are 4 years apart I'm still in school and we have been together just over 3 years, but we only recently became long distance as he went to work, I used to live with him... we have only just become long distance and he has only just settled down in the flat he brought and getting everything set up for his work, so I haven't seen him for 4 months... we occasionally call and we mainly text as the time difference is a bit impossible to fit in around the work... oh he is working in australia...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 17, 2012, 10:52 AM
    My first question when someone ask for space is how much, how long, and make sure they define what kind of space they talk about. With clear understanding of a partners needs and wants, then you can make a plan to move forward, and I suggest a schedule of contact that is reasonable, and consistent. When he runs out of conversation, or is really busy, then the little things count, like you filling in the gaps of silence, and being understanding when the responses are not immediately forthcoming. LDRs are the most difficult to maintain, as the human physical contact is impossible for long periods. Highly stressful.

I also see a lack of honesty in your communications, and plenty of fear from immaturity, or inexperience. Maybe this is a first for you both, and you take stress, and frustrations out on each other.

Stress makes the best of us, impatient, and short tempered, so resist the impulse to be angry. Calm discussion will reveal more than emotional explosions.

Hell if you cannot resolve your issues by talking, you don't have a relationship, you are just two people with a title.
    Monkeebizz Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jan 17, 2012, 05:34 PM
    Well how much space do you need .Ithink he might be on drugs and needs the space when he wants to get high?
    Take it from Lady Ga Ga and remember in a fallen world were the god of this system is Satan then love will always be a problem.DON'T GET CAUGHT IN A "BAD ROMANCE"
    Remember God is love but he is standing back and letting humans govern themselves to the ruin you see around you these days.Remember the term "Madly in love" well if love makes you mad then something don't equate well.
    Also remember god spelled backwards is dog and dog spelled backwards ia god .Either way you look at it they're both mans best friend.

Monkeebizz& Associates.

Jan 22, 2012, 12:03 PM
    Monkeebizz, his dad died in an overdose and his uncle was killed because of something to do relating to drugs, he hasn't touched the stuff because of what it has done to his family, so I highly doubt it... sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Long distance boyfriend needs to think [ 2 Answers ]

I guess I will start with a little background first... me and my ex had met 9 years ago. We were both young and he was in the military (still active duty). We dated for over a year (6months of that long distanance I had to travel for work) when we broke up (he broke up w/me). He said he wasn't...

Giving each other space in a long-distance relationship! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I know there are a lot of similar threads already running on this topic, but I wanted to see what you all think. I know the title might seem like a bit of a paradox, but read on and I'll explain. My boyfriend and I have been together a year and a half and we live about an hour and a...

Me and my long distance boyfriend had an argument [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my long distance boyfriend had an argument and he told me to let him be

Present for my long-distance boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

So after an amazing year with my boyfriend we graduated from high school. He is moving to college in Wisconsin and I am starting in switzerland soon. Far away! :( We def wane stay together so I wane give him something that will remind him of me and make him miss me. He gave me a bracelet piece in...

View more questions Search