Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cliffingledew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2012, 10:52 PM
    Can My Flowering Crabapple tree be saved
    Last year I moved my Flowering Crabapple tree. I damaged the trunk bark pretty badly. It had some green leaves and flowers on it for awhile but most of the later summer and fall it was bare. There are large cracks in the trunk now and the bark did not grow back. I am hoping that the tree comes back this spring but I would like to know if there is anything I can do to help make sure that it does. Or, is the tree dead now because of the cracks in the trunk?
    Caroline-too Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2012, 08:39 AM
    I have the same problem with my 6 year old flowering crabapple trees. I've tried to find an answer and most sites suggest over pruning, but that's not the problem. Mine haven't been pruned and I've had them at other homes and know they don't do this normally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crabapple tree disease -what can I do [ 1 Answers ]

I have a crabapple tree that is at least 20 years old... this year I had a major attack of the scab disease... my leaves have gotten brownish to black spots and almost all the leaves and fruit have fallen off... I know I can't stop was has occurred but is there anything I can do now to prevent this...

Crabapple tree diseases [ 1 Answers ]

Leaves are spotted, turning yellow, and falling off crabapple tree. What's wrong?

Sick Crabapple tree [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 crabapple tree's, one is looking very sick with dead limbs all over it . It still has some life because it still has leaves on it and crabapples growing on it. But I would like to stop the destruction before the tree dies. Do you have any suggestions on how I can save the tree? Glenn

Dying or disease crabapple tree [ 1 Answers ]

Tree is very old... beautiful green leafs in spring. Leafs are slowly turning yellow, with black spots. Last summer tree dropped all leaves by August. Tree is hollow in many main branches... growing spurts off major trunk. Trimmed back old dead branches... not sure if tree is dying or...

Aristocrat flowering pear tree [ 1 Answers ]

Does the aristocrat flowering pear tree produce fruit, if so is it tasty? Thanks Jb

View more questions Search