Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MotherbyHeart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2012, 10:37 PM
    14 Years old and cries
    My little sister is 14 and calls me crying to come get her. She wants to live with me and my husband and children. She is in an abusive home and the rest of us kids took off at 16 and 17. It's that bad... Would there be legal reprocussions if I just went and told parents I'm taking her and walk out the door. They both know if we went to court they would go to jail... And what do I have to do to get her in school, to doc and everything else?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 16, 2012, 04:35 AM
    Yes, there could be serious repercussions. They are her legal guardians and, as such, removing her from their care would be illegal.

On the other hand, if this is such a problem, why haven't you gone to your local Family Services agency? You should go to see them immediately, with or without your sister. Tell them what is going on and tell them you would like for your sister to come live with you.

They will investigate and, if its as bad as you say, they will remove her from the situation. If you qualify, there should be no problem putting her in your care.
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Feb 13, 2012, 07:51 AM
    I can't agree strongly enough with ScottGem. Call Social Services, explain the situation, and file the appropriate paperwork to report the abuse. Then offer to take your sister. Most social service agencies will happily turn a child over to relatives rather than put her into the system for foster care. The resources these days are limited, and every bit of help is welcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my daughter cries when her grandmother comes around [ 11 Answers ]

Any ideas on why my daughter cries every time her grandmother comes around even though my mother has been around her since birth but now cries every time she comes around my daughter will not accept anything juice or treats from my mother she cries and pushes it away but soon as her step mom or...

When he cries. Too much [ 2 Answers ]

with an 8 week old baby, whom is mostly a pleasure to have, begins his nightly cranky routine. 7 pm rolls around and my poor breast feeding wife and I are looking for the culprit who swapped my child with a grizzly bear. Fearing for our lives and sanity we give in to all his wishes; feeding into...

Gramdma cries [ 2 Answers ]

OK, I live with my daughter and granddaughter have been for over for years now ,well my daughter met this guy a year ago and started going out and staying out for days at a time drinking a lot partying. Well about four months ago this guy moves in in and takes control of a lot of things ,this...

View more questions Search