Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loplop Posts: 51, Reputation: 2

Jan 14, 2012, 08:13 PM
    Love problem
    I'm a passive, shy and below average guy with a crush on an above-average girl , I always assume crushes like will reject me so I never try and assume rejection, so should I continue like this? Please help.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 15, 2012, 10:40 AM
    Even if you are passive, are you curious enough to explore the crush? Why Not, you may meet a great friend, even if you don't make a love connection.

I don't think you should ever take rejection personally, because its more about them than you, but you never know what the reception you will get, nor how it evolves later, if you don't find the courage to take a risk.

I think many get stuck on the notion of the "ONE", and cannot see that there may be "MANY", so they stop at one, instead of moving to the NEXT, option, and opportunity. We all have a fear of rejection, but that fear shouldn't immobilize us forever, should it?

Now explain what passive has to do with it?

Jan 16, 2012, 09:22 AM
    If your passive, then you certainly don't have courage to over come this fear. Besides this crush is on a semi-celebrity twitter on at @poojahandatv (Toronto, Canada), therefore rejection is assumed, even though her personality is the perfect complement to my personality and I certainly would not mind having her as a friend since I could really use some, but she's out of my league though I really think we have stuff in common. This is especially dis-heartening since I saw her and liked her way before she became popular and other people started to like her. This is the story of my life, I like a girl who's my type,I do nothing, and sooner or later lots of other people like her and I have no chance with them not even as a friend. Maybe there are many girls like her, but I rarely meet them, and even if I do others always come in and I have no chance. Thanks for your help, but I'm cursed.
    Expert

Jan 16, 2012, 03:02 PM
    You are not cursed, just limited severely by your point of view.

Jan 17, 2012, 09:14 AM
    What should I do?
    Expert

Jan 17, 2012, 10:16 AM
    First Mr. Passive, stop assuming and take a risk. And stop looking for excuses not to try, and keep your goals reasonable.

Above all, stop looking for romance, and make friends, get to know them, and let them know you. And if you are single, you should have a life that YOU enjoy, whether you have a romantic interest or not.

Stop being your own worst enemy, Mr. Passive.Passive people can have great courage in the face of adversity, and don't have to live in FEAR!

Jan 17, 2012, 11:49 AM
    In keeping my goals reasonable I should forget about @poojahandatv being my friend or anything else (who I don't follow on twitter), and try to make friends and other relationships with people in my league, right?
    Expert

Jan 17, 2012, 03:19 PM
    Not in your league, in your reality. Real people in REAL life that you interact with outside the computer. On line friends and buddies are great, but what the freak are you falling in love for?

No guy, a real life is what you need, not a twitter buddy. And if YOU see yourself as below average, that's whack! If others see you that way, WHO CARES? No such thing as below average, Mr.Passive, not for people that love themselves, and are happy with who they are.

Jan 19, 2012, 08:55 AM
    How do I start getting a real life together? You just can't go up to people you do not know on the street and ask them out or if they want to be friends or hang out or something! Where should I go, do or say?
    Expert

Jan 19, 2012, 01:37 PM
    You are right. Its not an instant thing to make happen. It's a process of long hard work that is ongoing in life. Like a journey, it will never stop once you get started, so it starts with you and what you want in life. Start with what you enjoy, and then explore the other options, and opportunities that life may have for you.

If you love yourself, and do good things for yourself, you will be happy with yourself, and your life, and that's what attracts other happy people who want to share that happiness with you.

Build a life away from that computer, and explore the world around you. Tell yourself every day that you love the guy in the mirror, and will help him have a great day. FIND real things that you enjoy, and make a plan to do and try things. Your negative attitude needs to be adjusted to a positive one, as that's the only difference between a below average human, and a great one, ATTITUDE!!

Volunteer somewhere, and see those that are truly in need of help and compassion, and maybe you are indeed truly fortunate, and stop being stuck on yourself being so UNDER average. You can be the ugliest toad in the world, yet be grateful, and happy with yourself.

Just be a good human, that's all there is to it, and enjoy this life, and yourself. Be good to yourself, and stop chasing on line fantasies. Get a real life.

How come you don't have friends you can do things with??

Jan 21, 2012, 06:07 PM
    I do not know why I do not have friends? People say I'm a good and nice guy, but people do not like me enough to be my friend for long, is it my fault?
    Expert

Jan 21, 2012, 09:18 PM
    Explain what you mean? I don't understand?

Feb 4, 2012, 08:02 PM
    People (friends) in my life tend to leave, I know the kind of people I want to be friends with but I do not think I'm good enough for them despite being nice and the best I can be.
    Expert

Feb 4, 2012, 10:34 PM
    I think it has more to do with age and interest than whether you are good enough to have friends or not. Good friends will come and go because we all get busy in living. The not so good will also. Youth may run in packs but as you get older the pack thins and the members change.

Feb 23, 2012, 07:04 PM
    I don't if this helps, but I would describe myself as a hybrid between Raj and Sheldon who are characters from the hit CBS primetime show the "Big Bang Theory". Therefore, any possible solutions to their social, relationship and friend problems could similarly be applicable to me. An interesting hypothesis?
    Expert

Feb 23, 2012, 10:50 PM
    Makes sense if you are a TV character, or your life is a situation comedy. Most of us learn through exploring, and experimenting. Our lives are seldom so scripted, so adjustments generally are revelations we haven't thought of. And we seldom gain understanding from one 30 minute lesson.

Write your own script.

Mar 1, 2012, 08:20 AM
    In writing my own script, what if I make irreversal mistakes and my script makes my life even worst? I can accept an isolated, lonely and friendless life, but anything else on top of this would be too much for me.
    Expert

Mar 1, 2012, 03:08 PM
    We all make mistakes and learn from them, and do better. That's how we gain experience, knowledge, and hopefully wisdom. If you don't at least find the courage to try... you gain NOTHING!!
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2012, 03:12 PM
    No, try and get rejected until you get used to it. There is nothing wrong with rejection, you just get up and try it again. Can't win them all, but at least some. However if you don't try, then you will ALWAYS lose.

Try understanding this poem.

"If you think that you are defeated, you are
    If you think that you do not dare,
    you shall not do it
    If you think that you would like to win
    But that you cannot, you shall not win
    Because in the world you will find that
    Success begins with the will of man.
    If you think that you will lose,
    you have already lost
    It's all in the mental state
    Because many races have been lost
    Before they were run
    And many cowards have failed
    Before having begun their work
    Think big and your deeds shall grow
    Think small and you shall remain behind;
    You must think well to elevate yourself,
    It's all in the mental state.
    If you think you are ahead you are
    You must think well to elevate yourself
    You must be sure of yourself,
    Before attempting to win a prize
    The battle of life is not always won
    By the man who is strongest or quickest,
    Because sooner or later the man who
    Wins is he who believes he can."
    Dr. Christian Barnard

Jun 25, 2012, 10:40 AM
    "A being influenced and tortured by the powers of Eros might as well as be following in the foot steps of Sisyphus" I do not want that, therefore I accept my lack of fellowship and live apathetically.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Love problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am Sylvaan. I am 24 years old living away from my family for my work as a software professional, I am a very emotional type of a person.While I was studying college I fell in first sight love with my college mate Which later ended up as nothing as that girl refused to accept me.I had to...

Help I have a love problem [ 16 Answers ]

Hey I'm new to this but I really need help... I'm called vicky and I'm 17 years old... I am bisexual... I have a problem... I have a best mate of 3 years and she's 17... she's the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on... well like I said she's my best mate... I have feelings for her, very...

Need help! Love problem! Please help . [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 15.. and I like this girl... she's my seat mate for like 3 years... and we were close friends... I always ask her advices on what to do when I was asking for forgiveness to this other girl... okay lets put names on the characters... lets say I'm ME.. and the one I love is HER and the other girl...

I think that I am in love with a girl... but there is a problem... [ 11 Answers ]

I am having one of those classic problems that I see everywhere, but I want to know what you guys think as indepent people not involved in the situation. I like a girl, but she has a boyfriend (for a little over 1 year). I met her at work and we see each other basically everyday. I know that...

Oh a love problem [ 4 Answers ]

Well I have a bit of problem , I usually solve my own problems but I'm really confused. Well you see, I have 1 girl I like, but she now has a boyfriend. Well this is how it all started, we were friends for 2 years , in the beginning I didn't liked her, but after 1,5 or more I started liking her....

View more questions Search