Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    selvarajan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2012, 09:54 PM
    Maths quiz
    A number is divided by 10 the reminder is 9--the same number is divided by 9 the reminder is 8--the same number is divided by 8 the reminder is 7 ---like this the same number is divided by 7 the reminder is 6--divided by 6 reminder 5--divided by 5 reminder 4--divided by 4 reminder 3--divided by 3 reminder 2 --divided by 2 reminder 1--What is the Number
    corrigan Posts: 115, Reputation: 18

Jan 14, 2012, 11:41 PM
    Piece of cake. Let be the number. Since divided by 10 gives a remainder of 9, then gives a remainder of zero when divided by 10. So is a multiple of ten. Similarly, since divided by 9 gives a remainder of 8, then gives a remainder of zero when divided by 9. And we can continue this for all the numbers from one to ten. So we get:

Now that I think about it, there are an infinite number of possible answers.

would also give a remainder of 9 when divided by ten, etc. In fact, for any positive integer would give the remainders that you are looking for. I could prove this by induction, but I don't think you need that much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can't I get a boyfriend quiz? [ 2 Answers ]

OK I'm 18 and have a son but I have so much high expectations on guys now that I'm a mother I feel I ask for too much is that bad?

Accounting quiz [ 1 Answers ]

On October 1, Courtland Company sold merchandise in the amount of $5,800 to Carter Company, with credit terms of 2/10, n/30. The cost of the items sold is $4,000. Courtland uses the periodic inventory system. Carter pays the invoice on October 8, and takes the appropriate discount. The journal...

MATHS cinema quiz [ 1 Answers ]

Cinema tickets £10 -adults 50p -o.a.p's 10p -kids How many people can go to yhe cinema It should cover up 100 seats altogether and it should be £100 altogether. For example

Just a quick quiz [ 8 Answers ]

Just a quick quiz , I got 9 out of 11:confused: :confused: Monday's Test

Quiz questions? [ 1 Answers ]

Payments received as workers’ compensation benefit are not included in an employee’s gross income and are not subject to social security, Medicare, or FUTA taxes. a. T b. F Director Steven Spielberg earned $332 million from June 2005 to June 2006, or about $159,615 per hour*. What did a...

View more questions Search