Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clintont5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2012, 12:12 PM
    German passport expires in march.can I travel out of U.k and return.
    I wish to travel to south africa in February.my passport (german)expires in march.if I buy the ticket and return before the due expiry date can I travel?
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Jan 13, 2012, 12:20 PM
    There is no requirement when entering the UK other than that your passport needs to be valid.
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/customs-travel/Enteringtheuk/arrivingatukborder/

However, your passport needs to be valid for 30 days after you exit South Africa.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/sub-saharan-africa/south-africa#entryRequirements
    Entry Requirements - Passport validity
    You must hold a valid passport to enter South Africa. Your passport must be valid for a minimum period of 30 days from the date of exit from South Africa. South African authorities state officially that only one blank passport page is required for entry. However, visitors have been refused entry and sent back to the UK as some officials are insisting on two blank pages. We advise that you have two blank pages in your passport on arrival.
    katheron101193 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2012, 03:16 PM
    Yes you can but your passport has to be valid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My indian passport expires within 6 months can I travel to US ? [ 2 Answers ]

My Name is Satya , I am holding US B1 Visa and it will expire in 2017 But My indian passport expires within 6 months. Can I travel to US now? I have 3 weeks work in US

I was born in Germany to a German mother, do I qualify for a German passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I was born in Germany in 1991 on a German mother and a British father. I've lived in the UK since I was a couple months old and I am now 19, because we lived in the UK my mother didn't want things to get complicated with aplying for passports so she only let me have a British one instead of a...

Can I apply for a german passport when married to a german and living in south africa [ 0 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm South African and would like to know if I will be able to apply for a German passport after getting married to my fiancé which of cause is a German himself. We will however live in South Africa after getting married. Our marriage will also take place in South Africa.

I want to travel to fiji in April 2010 but my passport expires August 2010 is this OK [ 1 Answers ]

I want to travel to fiji in April 2010 but my passport expires August 2010 is this OK

I'm german but live in england my husband is turkish can he get a german passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm german living in england My husband is turkish can he get a german passport Because I'm german??

View more questions Search