Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evilchrispark Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2004, 02:10 AM
    Cant connect
    I can't seem to connect directly to my cable modem. I setup a wireless network and it was working fine but then I started having problems. I then decided to reset and reconfigure my router but when I tried to connect directly to my modem, it either didn't show the connection or it said that I have limited to no conectivity. I then asked around for a while and someone said just uninstall all the network cards and then reinstall the one I want to use. It worked. Almost. I have connection now but certain programs like aim doesn't work and when I try to reconfigure my router it goes back to limited to no connectivity. The only thing that I haven't tried is just formating the hdd and reinstalling my windows but the reason I haven't done that is cause 1. it's a pain in the to move all my files to a separate storage thing, 2. I'm not exactly sure how to do this(I did it once but that was a while ago) 3. my hdd has about 180GB of files that I want to keep and I only have a 160GB hdd to put it on. If anyone knows a better way to fix my problem or has some suggestions that might lead me into the right direction, please let me know
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Mar 20, 2005, 02:29 AM
    Do a Google search for "Windows XP Winsock Fix". This free program has saved me a many hours with internet connection problems. The fix works for ALL versions of Windows even though it says XP. The entire fix takes about 3 minutes including reboot time.

In your case you will have to download it from another PC that can connect to the internet, of course.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't connect [ 1 Answers ]

I can't seem to connect directly to my cable modem. I setup a wireless network and it was working fine but then I started having problems. I then decided to reset and reconfigure my router but when I tried to connect directly to my modem, it either didn't show the connection or it said that I have...

Not Being Able To Connect [ 1 Answers ]

Facing prob when I'm trying to connect web through mobile phone . Prob is a fax modem already there in the laptop. So when trying with datacable its showing error messege "this modem is used by another usser" Please make the solution fast. That I can logon through the mobile phone Thanks

Can't connect [ 4 Answers ]

I am having a problem getting my Browser to connect to the internet. I am using my wife's computer right now. I don't know what could have happened as earlier I was surfing the net (I was even logged in to this site) when all of a sudden everything went blank. I have tried connecting with IE,...

Can't connect [ 5 Answers ]

I can't seem to connect directly to my cable modem. I setup a wireless network and it was working fine but then I started having problems. I then decided to reset and reconfigure my router but when I tried to connect directly to my modem, it either didn't show the connection or it said that I have...

Can't connect [ 2 Answers ]

View more questions Search