Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gr33np3arl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2012, 09:30 PM
    Can't stop thinking about my ex-boyfriend
    Me and my ex was together for almost 4 years. We were engaged to be married in November of 2010, but things didn't work out the way we want it to. We broke up, and moved on, but even though I moved on, and with someone else now, I still think of my ex.

No matter how hard I try not to think of him, he still in my head. Every day I think of him. What does that mean? My friends told me that I'm still in love with him, but its been over a year since we broke up! Please help me.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 12, 2012, 10:05 PM
    Your friend is right, you have not moved on, just gotten a new boyfriend. And what's going on with that new relationship? Is there contact that still triggering those thoughts, or an event that you say him recently? How old are you?

Jan 13, 2012, 12:11 AM
    I'm very close to his sisters and family.. when we broke up I try not to talk to them as much as I use to but his sisters always call and check on me to see how I'm doing. He would message me on Facebook asking if I'm OK but I never reply to his messages. The guy I'm with now is a good man, he loves me and I love him too but deep down inside I feel that I don't love him as much. I'm 26
    Sumitkumar7266 Posts: 91, Reputation: 48

Jan 13, 2012, 03:48 AM
    If you don't love him so much,then don't worry,one day you will be out of it.Delete him or block him from Facebook,If you honestly want to be out of this,You told that you are thinking daily about him,Don't worry soon,the day will change into month and month into years.Time will come when you will not think about him after years too.. For now,Just try your best and get yourself involved into something which you want to do.All the best and move on in a positive way.Don't stand :-)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 13, 2012, 06:33 AM
    It did sound like you are still in touch with his life, and as hard as it is, you must let go of the past to enjoy your future without him in it, or his family.

Sorry, but be unavailable to all of them for a while, as NO CONTACT is your answer. Know that every time you talk to any of them, old memories, and feelings come back.

No wonder you still think of him.

Jan 14, 2012, 02:54 AM
    Thanks for all your help! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I want to stop thinking about sex and betraying my boyfriend, [ 3 Answers ]

Its been 7 months since I broke up with my ex boyfriend and after I got a relationship with this guy who was a good friend of mine, we never met after we got in a relationship, am doing my diploma and am going to be 19 this year, but am not concentrating on my studies, me and my ex boyfriend we...

I can't stop thinking about my ex boyfriend [ 6 Answers ]

Both threads merged into one I broke up with my boyfriend about a month ago and since then I can't stop thinking about him and it's making me go crazy. I can't sleep at night properly and I miss him so much. I had had a massive crush on him for like 1 and a half before which he didn't know...

How Can I Stop Thinking about My Ex Boyfriend? [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my ex have been broke up for about three months now and I'm the reason we broke up. But ever since then I can't stop thinking about him should I ask him back out?

Why you should stop thinking about your ex! [ 3 Answers ]

Here is something from me to those trying to get over an ex. You find yourself wishing on a shooting star, but you need to know dreams alone won't get you that far. Ima share something with you, your dreams are riding on the wind and all you have to do is just reach out and pull them in. The...

With a new boyfriend and can't stop thinking of my Ex of 7yrs. [ 6 Answers ]

Here's my story, I was with my ex for over 6 yrs, got with him online when I was 16 & broke up once I joined the army... I joined the army to get away from him because he was mean to me and I had been with him so long he was all I ever knew... after I joined we kept talking then I met a guy and...

View more questions Search