Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evilchrispark Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2004, 02:09 AM
    Cant connect
    I can't seem to connect directly to my cable modem. I setup a wireless network and it was working fine but then I started having problems. I then decided to reset and reconfigure my router but when I tried to connect directly to my modem, it either didn't show the connection or it said that I have limited to no conectivity. I then asked around for a while and someone said just uninstall all the network cards and then reinstall the one I want to use. It worked. Almost. I have connection now but certain programs like aim doesn't work and when I try to reconfigure my router it goes back to limited to no connectivity. The only thing that I haven't tried is just formating the hdd and reinstalling my windows but the reason I haven't done that is cause 1. it's a pain in the to move all my files to a separate storage thing, 2. I'm not exactly sure how to do this(I did it once but that was a while ago) 3. my hdd has about 180GB of files that I want to keep and I only have a 160GB hdd to put it on. If anyone knows a better way to fix my problem or has some suggestions that might lead me into the right direction, please let me know
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Dec 30, 2009, 06:29 PM

Try a different network cable. Try a friends laptop or PC. If it works then your router's network ports are at fault.

Make sure your firewall isn't blocking things it shouldn't :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not Being Able To Connect [ 1 Answers ]

Facing prob when I'm trying to connect web through mobile phone . Prob is a fax modem already there in the laptop. So when trying with datacable its showing error messege "this modem is used by another usser" Please make the solution fast. That I can logon through the mobile phone Thanks

Can't connect [ 4 Answers ]

I am having a problem getting my Browser to connect to the internet. I am using my wife's computer right now. I don't know what could have happened as earlier I was surfing the net (I was even logged in to this site) when all of a sudden everything went blank. I have tried connecting with IE,...

Can't connect [ 1 Answers ]

I can't seem to connect directly to my cable modem. I setup a wireless network and it was working fine but then I started having problems. I then decided to reset and reconfigure my router but when I tried to connect directly to my modem, it either didn't show the connection or it said that I have...

Can't connect [ 5 Answers ]

I can't seem to connect directly to my cable modem. I setup a wireless network and it was working fine but then I started having problems. I then decided to reset and reconfigure my router but when I tried to connect directly to my modem, it either didn't show the connection or it said that I have...

Can't connect [ 2 Answers ]

View more questions Search