Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msb35 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2012, 04:28 PM
    Honeywell TH8000 Series Programmable Thermostat not kicking on.
    I have a Honeywell TH8000 Series Programmable Thermostat. The temperature is well below what the permanent hold temperature is set. It clicks like it's going to kick on, but where it normally says "heat on" it shows "wait". What would cause this, and how do I get it to come on? Thanks.
    kyle9994 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Jan 12, 2012, 04:29 PM
    How many wires and what colors are coming out the wall, was it working before?
    msb35 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2012, 04:35 PM
    It has been working just fine. I just noticed that it was cooler in the house when I got home this afternoon. I see 8 wires (White, brown, black, red, orange, yellow, green, blue).
    Seann Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2012, 10:52 AM
    Hi

This usually happens due the feedback coming from system to the stat.
    To check this pull the stat off the wall,if wait changes to HEAT ON,then the stat is fine
    Need to work with a contractor to get the feedback voltage check
    However TH8000 series stat is a professional stat,it will be good if u work with the installing contractor.
    This stat has 5 yrs of warranty as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell TH8000 Series Thermostats [ 2 Answers ]

I have 11 Honeywell TH8000 series stats. All purchased and installed at the same time, 1 year ago. Only one of them offers the "auto" option under "SYSTEM" How can I get the rest to offer me this option. I searched the Owner's Guide but can find nothing other than description.

Honeywell TH8000 Thermostat [ 0 Answers ]

My TH8000 thermostat controls a Unitary Products Group heat pump, and Nordhyne furnace. Everything is working fine,we think. BUT, why does the heat pump run when outside air temperatures are below zero degrees F? Should we be using a different System Setting on the TH8000 when outside air...

Honeywell TH8000 Thermostat [ 0 Answers ]

The TH8000 thermostat controls a Unitary Products Group heat pump, and Nordhyne furnace. Everything is working fine... we think. BUT, why does the heat pump run when outside air temperatures are below zero degrees F? Should we be using a different System Setting on the TH8000 when OAT falls below...

Honeywell TH8000 thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

This thermostat was installed only 8 months ago and has worked fine until last night. It began a humming sound and the thermostate vibrates. What is causing this? The heater is working fine and all displays are normal. It is just this loud sound that is emitting from the thermostate itself and...

Honeywell TH8000 Thermostat [ 8 Answers ]

When this thermostat call for aux. heat, it reads aux. heat on the pad but no heat. The aux. heat works in manual mode. I think a setup code is wrong since it has never done right. Could someone help.

View more questions Search