Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommy1986 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2012, 10:02 AM
    Is it normal behavior for my 4-year-old to sneak in to watch parents have sex?
    Me and my husband have a 4 year old and we are very careful not to allow our son to see or hear any sexual deeds that we do, yet we found a few times our son has been caught sneaking around the corner or in our room without us noticing. Mind you we only do things when he is asleep to our knowledge. My son would sneak around corners and just watch. Of course we stop as soon as we notice him. But what did he see and how much? I believe more than we know. I'm worried that this isn't normal. One day I was with my husband on the couch and I was being secretly intimate with him, my son was in bed in the other room. All of a sudden I was in the middle of things I found my son crawling over to us and sneaking to watch. It is really creeping us out and we fear there may be something more to this. We don't know anyone else who has children his age to ask. Should I be worried. Is this normal? I don't know what to think of this. I'm afraid its early signs of a serial killer sometimes! I'm so confused.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2012, 10:51 AM
    Don't you have doors in your house? THat you can close and lock?

Kids are curious... best to take the precautions of a locked door.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2012, 12:21 PM
    Sorry parents with small kids ( or kids in general) no longer can do it on the couch or kitchen table.

Bathrooms, question rooms, laundry rooms, and your bedroom all have locks, time to become parents and not teenagers any more and start doing it behind lock doors.

Also behind lock doors, make noise, kids have heard parents having sex for 1000's of years.
    awesomagic Posts: 69, Reputation: 46

Jan 12, 2012, 02:23 PM
    In my opinion, what would be abnormal would be if he WASN'T curious. He's 4, and doing what a normal 4 year old would do. Ask yourself this: If (as an adult) you witnessed something you had never seen before, would you not be just a little interested about what you just saw? Of course you would. We are people, a curious and inquisitive species. Don't worry, because he is too.

I've been caught by a child too. And today she is a well adjusted, happy, and lovely young lady. She doesn't even remember what she saw (and probably doesn't want to remember). Your son is normal, he loves you both, and everything is wonderful. Don't worry about it. I hope this was helpful.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2012, 07:43 PM
    Agree wholeheartedly with all of the previous comments... :) Kids often want to see what is going on, and if you suddenly stop and become flustered, it becomes all the more interesting.

Keep it more private, choose your locations better, and simply start locking doors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Till what age can an infant watch their parents having sex [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter will become 2 years old in the coming march. She is sleeping with us in the same bed from the day she was born.I tried to put her in the Crib many times, but she will cry and atlast she will be with us. We don't have anyone to babysit for us, so she will always be with us whatever we...

Is this normal or odd behavior? [ 19 Answers ]

One time my boyfriend took my diary and started reading it. I told him to give it back to me, but he walked down my hallway reading it. I tried taking it back from him, but ended up tussling with him trying to get it back. He just laughed and seemed like he was having a good time. After he was...

Is this a normal behavior? [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter age 13.5 last night told me that she pierced her second ear hold by herself. Should I be concerned at her behavior? When I asked her why she did it? She said I don't know. I feel so lost as a parent. Have any parent experience this before?

Is this a normal behavior? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 6 months old baby with my husband. We live with my family ( Mom, sister, little brother) My little brother is 1 year old, and before my baby was born, my husband used to get along with him. Now, he doesn't even look at my little brother. And when he looks at him, it seems like he is mad...

View more questions Search