Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PsychoLily Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Does Stephen King use ghost writers?
    A girl I'm studying with claims that Stephen King is using ghost writers (that he writes down his ideas, but makes someone else write the books), and that it's a well-known fact, and that it took so much time for him to write one of his last books because he wrote him himself... I look on the internet but didn't find any evidence of it. Does anyone know anything about it, or where the girl could have get this idea from? I just can't believe it's true but I want to know if there's any reliable sources pretending that. Thank you! Lily
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2007, 11:15 AM
    No Lily. Stephen King does not use ghost writers. As a matter of fact, at one point in time, he was writing so prolifically (a lot) that he published under the pseudonym (fake name) of Richard Bachmann because he was afraid of saturating (overwhelming) the book market.

Sometimes writers have a very creative spurt and can keep writing and writing. Other times, they hit what is commonly referred to as "writers block" where they have a hard time getting their ideas on paper or finding an idea. Sometimes, there is a lot of research that needs to be done, or they spend time building the characters and their environment. Both of those things, among other personal or professional reasons, can slow down the time it takes to write and publish a book.

My suggestion to you would be to ask your friend to tell you exactly where she received her information. If she cannot tell you or it was a rumor she heard, that is not considered to be a basis for a "well known fact." Well known facts are something that we can prove. Instead of driving yourself crazy trying to disprove her, you should make her prove that what she is telling you is true. She is the one who came up with this.

If she can't prove where she received her information from, than you can tell her that until she does, she is only spreading gossip and rumors.

I hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

King Charles caviler [ 7 Answers ]

We went to the vet, he said my dog needs to put on weight, the next 3 weeks are critical. He put my dog on Science Diet A&R. My question is can I give my puppy a scrambled egg? I don't see why not, but I don't know. Rob

Buy: Raising The Ruins By Stephen Flurry [ 8 Answers ]

Where can I buy: Raising The Ruins By Stephen Flurry? (I live in Australia)

King charles help [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I bought a king charles from a breeder 8 days ago. She told us she was 3 yr old and had pups 4-5 weeks ago and they died, and she didn`t want to put her through it again so wanted her to go to a family home. We took her home and she is an absolutely great dog, she doesn`t mess in the house or...

2 DVD Writers and 1 DVD Rom [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Pent 4 with 512 ram, 60 gig HD. I would like to hookup my 2 DVD Burners so that I can make 2 copies at the same time from my DVD Rom.. Is this possible and what do I need to connect them? Appreciate any help folk... Oops, thanks folks, I discovered that this task can be performed...

View more questions Search