Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sue122 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2012, 07:41 PM
    I have been married for 42 years, and I'm sick of my husband. I haven't been happy...
    I have been married for 42 years. And I'm sick of my husband, he complains every time I spend any money, he has had affairs on me for years, and I've stayed with him, and forgave him. But I spent some money for Christmas after I asked him. He told me no, so I took the money anyway! And he never lets me forget it.

I haven't mentioned to him one time about his affairs, but he throws money in my face all the time. I have bought furniture for this house myself, because he never wants to put any money out for anything around here. I am a diabetic, and I need medication, I can't get Medicare or any kind of medical help, until I'm 65. I don't know what to do, I'm just sick of him!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2012, 07:54 PM
    How about just telling him to shut up and give you the money ? Ok, how about marriage counseling to learn to communicate. Do you sit down together and pay bills. Assuming both work or have income has who and how bills are paid, been worked out that both agree on.
    LatinHoney Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2012, 09:45 PM
    This is really hard to say but sometimes it is better to walk away. Now it is your peace of mind and your health that comes first. You have put up with allot, somestimes we as women can get more done alone than with our spouse. If you are sure you have given all that you can give and you have given a lifetime, then it is time to think of yourself.
    awesomagic Posts: 69, Reputation: 46

Jan 13, 2012, 08:19 PM
    Love takes a lot of work on both parts. 42 years is a long time to spend with one person and you should be applauded for your stamina. So far, we have heard your side of the story. What's his side? What is his reasoning for not giving you money when needed?

We need to get both sides of the story so we can understand this completely. I only say that because 42 years of marriage is a lot to throw away. No one wants to see that happen. Try to tactfully milk him for information so a clear picture can develop, then let us know what you find out.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 14, 2012, 07:09 PM
    If you are anything like the wife and I, then when one of us gets mad at the other, we rant, rave, vent, whoop, and holler, and when the dusts settles we talk, and I imagine you have your own ways to have your conflicts, and move beyond them. The dust will settle I think.

Now as to the cheating, is he still doing that? If I had cheated I know I would have hot grits up the arse, and the skillet upside my head. *

*Disclaimer, meant as humor (KIND OF), and should not be done at home!
    moonlightlady339 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2012, 06:16 AM
    I can feel your pain. I have been married for going on 42 years this coming October to a man who is becoming increasingly more withdrawn. We do have two grown children, and two grandchildren, and I am very thankful for this. I am wondering if you are a person of faith. I know that prayer has helped in my own situation a great deal and has given me ideas and options that help me continue to have peace of mind and spirit on a daily basis. I feel that God wouldn't want you to live in a terribly unhappy and unfulfilling situation and he may show you options where you can find peace and fulfillment without having to throw away all of your hard earned years together. I will pray for you, and I feel each day will improve and FYI, "Congratulations" on haning in there. The two of you have accomplished something wonderful, even if it doesn't always feel this way, you know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Me and my husband have been married for 6 years-have 2 little boys [ 2 Answers ]

Together that we both love. The problem is that I do everything around the house and work a full time job. He works long hrs with his job sometimes and I get that but still feel that the house work and taking care of the kids should be done together. I was the one paying all the bills and managing...

My husband married me for a 10 years green card and took off, what can I do? [ 1 Answers ]

I married my husband for 4 years. Now he got his 10 years green card and he took off without saying goodbye. I found him staying at his parents and sister house. He told me that we can not live together. His sister now helping him looking for another woman for him and he had a guts to ask me...

My husband insists I cheated on him 5 years ago, I didn't, what to do? Sick of it. [ 30 Answers ]

My husband insists I cheated on him 5 years ago and I didn't . I told him all I did was work for my mom whom he thinks helped me cheat on him, this is a never ending battle and I'm ready to leave him, I can't stand his insecurities, I told him and tell him I didn't cheat , I think he did, and he...

Married for 2 years, Husband is driving me crazy [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'm seriously confused here, I have been married to my husband for almost 2 years, We have been together for 3 and a half years. At the time of marriage, we were getting along great, My husband had a job, I was pregnant with our son, We have a yours, Mine, Ours kind of family, As far as...

View more questions Search