Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RMB333 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2012, 12:05 AM
    How to obtain funds for elders?
    I am elderly lady in retirement for the past several years and live on the interest of the little savings that I have. The cost of living is rising every moment and I am unable to meet ends... To pay the medical bills etc. Please let me know how to apply for funds?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 11, 2012, 03:33 AM
    Hi.. where do you live? This is a world wide site.

Jan 11, 2012, 09:33 PM
    Hello Joypulv! Thank you for your concern. I am from Sri Lanka.
    current pert

Jan 12, 2012, 05:57 AM
    Have you talked to any social service agency where you live? Is there a senior center?
    I found the National Council of Elders and HelpAge Sri Lanka online, but don't know how you would contact them locally.
    Sri Lanka, like most of the world, has a growing elder population and not even funds to care for them.
    I plan to have housemates share the cost of housing with me. That's the single biggest expense, and you can share all sorts of other expenses too. It's like having a new family.
    Do you have any friends your age who are also living alone? (I assume you are alone.. )

Jan 12, 2012, 06:26 AM
    No, I haven't because most of the help is given to the very needy people with any income. Concerning HelpAge, I myself was a dona during my working days, and their programmes consists of day care centres, eye camps, uplifting elders homes, etc. etc. Most of my friends have their own families and are OK. I do stay with a relative and am comfortable except that I need a little more cash for my personal use. Thank you immensely for your deep concern. Bless you.
    current pert

Jan 12, 2012, 07:49 AM
    I sell a few items on eBay.

Jan 12, 2012, 08:19 AM
    Thank you for your idea - but, I don't know what to sell and also how to sell through eBay! I have commenced on composing rhymes for little children focused on humanity and natural surroundings which are deteriorating very fast in the technological world. Unable to get them published as the cost is VERY high and it's not possible even to get sponsors, because the finance climate is not good!
    By the way from which country are you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elders rights [ 7 Answers ]

Good Day Can anybody know where I can find some e-books or do you Know how we as elders in the church can protect us against Extinction.And where we stand in the church.

Elders.in nursing homes [ 6 Answers ]

I work in a nursing home.. for dietary aid... but its like when I see the elders I just feel so bad for them.. I know they don't want to be there... but some have to because they don't have any where else to go because no one don't want to be respnsible for them.. it just so sad to see them......

Good sites to Obtain Mutual Funds Info ? [ 2 Answers ]

What are some of the better websites to receive some basic research on various Mutual Funds, preferably without having a subscription fee ?? I would be looking for info such as performance, risk analysis, fees, etc. Maybe Yahoo or Google finance sites???? Thanks, George in San Fran

Elders Robe [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings To All Hi there I greet you all the Most High Name of Our Lord Jesus Christ.I would like to know if anybody can help me with this matter. Seeing the Elder is also an important person according to Paul.So my question is ,Does the Elder wear a robe ,if so what is the colour of it and ...

View more questions Search