Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RonArdt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2012, 10:18 AM
    How do I set a password for D-link 628 router?
    I set up router without a password and now I want to protect my data stream with a password access.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 10, 2012, 10:45 AM
    First you need to access the router's management screen, typically using the IP address http://192.168.0.1 (type this into your browser while on your network). If the default user ID and password to access the management screens have not been changed they should both be set to "admin". Log in using the admin user ID and password, and from there you should be able to access the router's configuration screens: go to "wireless security mode" in the "wireless settings" screen to set your system ID and access password - I suggest you set a WPA-2 password which all authorized users will need to know.
    marco2108 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2012, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    First you need to access the router's management screen, typically using the IP address http://192.168.0.1 (type this into your browser while on your network). If the default user ID and password to access the management screens have not been changed they should both be set to "admin". Log in using the admin user ID and password, and from there you should be able to access the router's configuration screens: go to "wireless security mode" in the "wireless settings" screen to set your system ID and access password - I suggest you set a WPA-2 password which all authorized users will need to know.
    But I don't know my WPA-2 password also,what should I do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot log into my d link-615 router to set password [ 2 Answers ]

I enter 192.168.0.1 in my web browser and I get to my D-link log in page enter as Admin with no password and I get message "Session timed out: Try again. ANy help

How to remove password in d-link router [ 3 Answers ]

How to remove password

How to remove password in d-link router [ 2 Answers ]

How to remove password in d-link router

D-Link Wireless Router - how do I set up to require password to access? [ 2 Answers ]

I have DI-524 Wireless Router. How do I set up to require users to require password to connect (go from unsecured to secured)? I suspect my neighbors using my router and it is impacting performance of my connections. And for the life of me, I can't figure out the manuals which came with the...

View more questions Search