Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vlbrooks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Probation laws
    I am trying to get transferred from Colorado to Missouri and my probation officer is refusing to submit my transfer papers, is there any way I can get transferred? My probation officer told me that Missouri would not accept me but I have already talked to them about the transfer and they said that they would accept me. The reason that I am trying to get transferred is because my husband has a job in Missouri all ready to go and he starts in March. Is it wrong for my probation officer to tell me to stay here in Colorado to finish out my three years probation and let my husband and daughter go to Missouri?:confused: :mad:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2007, 08:22 AM
    Hello vl:

Yes, it's wrong. What do you want to do? If you want to fight 'em, I'll tell you how. But, you must realize that they don't like to be told they are wrong. They are not nice people. They may try to retaliate. If you decide to take this route, you must be prepared to go all the way with it. Don't worry. If you do it right, even though they WANT to retaliate, you can STOP them.

excon
    x0ls0adl0x Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2011, 05:45 PM
    We are having the same problem. My boyfriend was told by the judge he could transfer to Missouri from Colorado. I am due with our baby boy in less than a month, alone in Missouri. His probation officer keeps being changed and they will not even start transferring it out here. We don't know what to do. I don't understand why what the judge told him doesn't matter to anyone.. Any advice?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 14, 2011, 06:37 PM
    First it is not going to happen in 4 weeks even if they were not causing trouble, it can take 1 to 3 months to get normal transfers.

He needs to request a formal transfer application, if they refuse time to get an attorney involved.
    If they are not accepting his in patient was there an issue with the release from the doctor or some form not done properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Laws [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I was wondering if anyone can help me out with a couple of questions. My husband is on probation right now and he was sentenced to 3 years. In June of this year it will be 2 years. When he went to his probation officer, and told her he was going to see if he could be let off early. She told...

Nh deposit laws [ 3 Answers ]

When I moved in my landlord made me give him 1/2 of the first months rent and security and last months rent and he gave me a verbal evictio0n to get out in 7 days and told me he will only return the 500 for security and I am all paid up for the month of October do I have the right to get my...

Adoption laws [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is mary, I live in nj. I have a 12 year old daughter from my previous marriage and I recently remarried. My new husband wants to adopt my daughter and we need to know how to go about the adoption. My ex took off and nobody knows where he is, he hasn't paid child support in over 10...

Hipaa Laws [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! I work in a medical office in PA. There is a desk in which a medical assistant works at which is situated in the hallway next to a public bathroom & maybe 4 feet from the waiting room. Management has recently felt that this was an appropriate place for her to work & I seem to disagree. She...

Ex in laws [ 2 Answers ]

I have been divorced for 3 years. I have 4 children. Here's the dealio. My ex has only seen our children once in the past 3 years. Due to his drug addiction, he separated himself from the children and his family (parents siblings, etc.). His parents during this time have spoke to him on occasion....

View more questions Search