Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roychrls Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 06:21 PM
    IHeater using solar panels
    Can I install receptacles for 2 IHeaters from a solar panel ?
    SpringtimeHomes Posts: 78, Reputation: 12

Jan 10, 2012, 09:53 AM
    The solar panels(better term is PV panels or array) are producing Direct Current DC but the heater needs Alternating Current AC. You will need a transformer to accomplish this. Also the heaters are electric resistance heating meaning they draw LOTS of power. A single PV panel would not handle it. For a single 1500 watt heater you would need about (8) 200 watt panels and they would only power it with the sun shining unless you want to talk about a battery system which makes things even more interesting..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solar panels [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my husband have been discussing putting in solar panels. He wanted me to get online and see what I could find out. I need a solar panels for dummies or something. Any help would be grateful cause I really don't know where to start. There is so much out there that it is overwhelming.

How many solar panels of 180watts would I need [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please tell me how many solar panels I would need to power my household appliances of 4 refrigerators, lightnings, TV, Air conditionder if all these appliances were to be running for about 5 hours a day. If it happens that the panels generate more than the required electricity that I need,...

Testing solar panels [ 1 Answers ]

How do I detect bad solar panels? Is there a common way to test them before I buy them?

Building solar panels [ 3 Answers ]

I hope this is the best area to ask this... I want to learn how to build my own small solar panels. I seem to recall running across a plan to do so in a magazine a few years ago, but cannot for the life of me remember where I read it. Does anyone know how to do this? I'm wanting to build...

View more questions Search