Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MERCURY LDO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Repoed Car
    I had a car repoed and the bank auctioned it. Am I still responsible for paying the difference that I bought it for and what the bank auctioned it for?:
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Feb 13, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Yes, you are. Likely not much will come of it, aside from the fact that they will ruin your credit and likely try to obtain a judgement against you. Depending on your situation, you may want to talk to a Bankruptcy attorney. If you're truly in dire straits and you need to file for bankruptcy, it may absolve the debt depending on what type of bankruptcy you qualify for. If not, and you can pay the debt, then I'd contact the lender and work out a payment plan with them that you both can live with.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buy Another Car or Use Existing Car 'til It Runs No More [ 7 Answers ]

Please help me resolve a debate with my husband. I am a first time car owner. I bought a new Jeep in 8/04 for $23,600. I put $5K down on the purchase + my loan is for 60 months. I would like to trade in the liberty before it gets too old + has too many miles on it. Does it make better sense to...

Car Loan and Car Title - Minnesota Law [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My fiancé and I recently bought a car on a Saturday. We live in Minnesota. At first, the finance guy at the car dealership told us the financing will be done through Wells Fargo. After spending close to 4 hours at there and hearing it was a reputable bank that we both bank through -- we...

Looking for a car [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am new to USA I have got some questions Before buying a used car what are the things I need to look in and what would be the best car that I can buy which is touble free

Car accident while friend is in the car [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question about what the case would be if I got into a car accident, mine or another drivers fault, with a friend in the car that is mine but in my Mother's name. I have been reading a little bit into insurance, I think I understand how it would work and come into play a little bit. What...

New car vs. Used car interst [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, Is there a set limit of interest that can be charged to a new car loan for a first time buyer with a not so good credit rating living in New Jersey. If in the event there is do you know of a link that will back it up so I can research it,

View more questions Search