Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sirduke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 04:21 PM
    Outdoor Plumbing
    If I want to install a bath or kitchen outdoors that is about 25 feet away from the house, what is the best way to do the plumbing. I do want hot water.

Is it possible to just tie into the exitsing plumbing og the house? There is a bathroom at the corner of the houes closest to the location, and that bathroom is on an addition that is raised. The rest of the house is on a slab.

I suppose my main concern is the drainage of the tub if I choose to do a bathtub.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 9, 2012, 06:25 PM
    Where do you live? City sewer or septic?
    sirduke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 06:35 PM
    I live in Wilmington NC. I am on the city sewer.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 9, 2012, 09:07 PM
    OK so it probably never freezes so we don't have to worry about supply or drain freezing. I would run only cold out to the bath/kitchen and then a point of use water heater, maybe even a small 120 vac one. Pitch for the drain is your next concern. Your drain must drop from the trap of the fixtures at a rate of 1/4" per foot towards the house sewer line. Drain pipe should be 3" or 4" but with 4" your pitch can drop to 1/8" per foot. What else do you want to know?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing Question, for an outdoor hot/cold frost free faucet. [ 0 Answers ]

I am working on a project and I want to make some modifications to an outside faucet. Can someone send me to a good site, or send me some info... I would like to learn excactly how a (Moen?) single handle, hot/cold, cartridge type frost free sill faucet works (in detail) with parts...

Seeking assistance to an outdoor plumbing issue. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have an outdoor spigot attached to the single-family condominium unit I reside in. Said unit protrudes from one of the walls of the condo. I noticed there is a significant leak coming from the spigot within the hose coupling. Is there a way to repair this problem simply and...

Female outdoor cat not accepting new male outdoor cat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old spayed female cat that has always lived in our garage and is very spoiled. We live out in the country. A male cat about two years old that is very sweet also showed up and is now neutered. He is not dominate to the female and wants to live in the garage also. They each have...

Bad odor in bathroom, outdoor cats? Vs plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

#1 Today, 01:31 PM martamama New Member Join Date: Feb 2007 Posts: 1 Bad odor in bathroom, outdoor cats peeing vs plumbing problem -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi a few weeks ago I noticed what I thought to be an old poopie...

View more questions Search