Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    s_sheffield Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 04:05 PM
    How to find out information on a closed adoption?
    Hi my name is Shemeka.I'm trying to help my friend find out some information about her birth mother and or any other family members all she know is that she was put in foster care when she was very little she is now 18 years old and is trying to get her birth certificate but does not know her birth mother are father name and where she was born.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 9, 2012, 09:31 PM
    Where are you located? Laws vary by country on closed adoptions.

It's very unusual to have a closed adoption these days, but the fact that she was in foster care does probably explain that.

Her best bet is to talk to her adoptive parents--they may have more information than she does on the whole thing. If nothing else, they will know the reasons she was in foster care to begin with.

Is she aware that the fact that she was in foster care before her adoption probably means that her mother was NOT someone who was a good parent? She may be looking for a drug user or someone who endangered her children willingly.
    s_sheffield Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2012, 01:57 PM
    Where located in Dallas, Texas.
    Her foster parents are deceased,she was also told her birth mother is also deceased.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 10, 2012, 03:59 PM
    So she was never actually adopted by her foster parents, only fostered?

If that is the case, her biological parents' names should be on her birth certificate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find a child in a closed adoption [ 2 Answers ]

I did not put up a child for adoption but my sister and brother in law did in 1973. I only became aware of this on Monday 1/25/2010. I feel this need to try to help my sister with this part of her life there is no judgement on my part only a need to help.The adoption was closed and although she has...

Closed Adoption Information NEEDED. [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking to find out information for my adopted brother. We are seeking to find his biological parents and or siblings. He is not in the right state of mind to go about requesting this help without help himself. That is where I have stepped in. Please let me know where to begin. This...

Trying to find kids from a closed adoption [ 2 Answers ]

My ex put my twins up for adoption 16 years ago. I was trying to find them. It was a closed adoption.

View more questions Search