Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    selby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Journal entries
    Hi everyone
    This is the current entry...

Paid electricity expense of $860, previously recorded as unearned revenue.!

I knew the first entry which was electricity we haven't paid and the entry is accured expense

Debit-Electricity expense

Credit- electricity account payable.

Now I have to settle the above entry which we have to pay the electricity expense.so

Debit - electricity a/c payable

Credit- Cash.

My question is how about the electricity expense from the last period of 860 which is still appear from the last trial balance how we close that off...
    maheshwari Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by selby
    Hi everyone
    This is the current entry......

Paid electricity expense of $860, previously recorded as unearned revenue.!!!!!!!

I knew the first entry which was electricity we havent paid and the entry is accured expense

Debit-Electricity expense

Credit- electricity account payable.

Now i have to settle the above entry which we have to pay the electricity expense.so

Debit - electricity a/c payable

Credit- Cash.

My question is how about the electricity expense from the last period of 860 which is still appear from the last trial balance how we close that off....
    If That 860 is appearing in last balance sheet it means that is not an expense because balanxe sheet never contains expense of such thing.
    That is an outstanding expense which should be closed off by deducting it from the current years profit and loss a/c from the respective expense, as in this case it is electricity expense.
    fmangal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 11:56 PM
    Ahmad deposited $340000 cash in the bank in the name of the business.
    What is debit and what credit ? Answer with details

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal Entries [ 1 Answers ]

In January 2005 the accountant for Delaware supply Corporation estimated the company's net income for the year as 556,000. A year-end income statement reported actual net income of 570,000. 1. make the general journal entries to record quarerly payments of the company's estimated income taxes...

Journal Entries [ 2 Answers ]

I have two more questions I would like you please check for me if you could. Question 1: Received a telephone bill for August, which is to be paid next month, $160. DB Accounts Payable & Credit Telephone Expense Question 2: Completed the series of advertisements for Marsh Tire Company...

Journal Entries [ 13 Answers ]

When entering journal entries, how do you show opening balances? For example, If at the beginning of the month I have $100 in supplies, I purchase $700 throughout the year, and I have $400 remaining at the end of the year, how would I show this whole transaction?

View more questions Search