Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Jan 8, 2012, 04:01 PM
    How can I handle my stress without medication?
    I am at the end of my pregnancy and I really do not want to be put back on depression and anxiety medicines, I want to be able to breast feed and be drug free for my baby. Can anyone give me hints on how to relax and not get so hyped up? I have a three year old at home that is in that stage of not wanting to listen that is most of my stress.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2012, 04:20 PM
    Is the babies father at home and helping, do you have other family to help you?

First realize it is not the end of the world if the house does not get cleaned all the time, that dinner can be snacks, and that kids don't listen often at 3.

Find time to take time, a warm bath, a nice hot tea and just relax.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2012, 04:21 PM
    Can the three year old spend time at a friend's house on a regular basis? Perhaps visiting with a relative on a regular basis? Any possibility of a nursery school setting a few mornings a week for example?

You might also consider a mother's helper to come into your home to do activities with your three year old. This could be a teenager in your neighborhood, a young relative, someone from a local church, etc. This would free you up for time for yourself. Go shopping, take a nap, have a relaxing bath, lunch with a friend, treat yourself to a pregnancy massage, etc.

Exercise tends to be a good stress reliever. Perhaps a DVD on pregnancy yoga or exercise, an exercise class for pregnant women at the local Y or hospital (often childcare is available).

There are some meds you can take while breastfeeding if it becomes necessary. Midazolam in one such med.
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Jan 10, 2012, 03:11 PM
    Thanks so much guys I will take your advice into consideration and see what I can or can't do. Have a great day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen single handle shower -- handle is hard to turn [ 3 Answers ]

The hot water was not working in the guest bathroom. A plumber looked at it, quoted way too much. We replaced the cartridge, and it works just fine. The problem is that now when we turn the handle, it's very hard to turn. The handle is flush against the wall. The other showers in the house have a...

How to handle teenage stress? [ 4 Answers ]

How do you handle teenage stress?

Koehler single handle tub/shower handle leaks [ 2 Answers ]

I have a koehler single handle tub/shower asselmbly. The faucet is in the tub, the shower head obviously above and the single handle is in the middle. You pull up on the lever to turn on the water and left to right for hot and cold. You do not have to put it back to center to turn off. Anyway....

I snapped the tip off the shower handle. Unable to screw new handle. It's a symmons [ 3 Answers ]

I have a symmons shower faucet. While removing the old shower handle I snapped the tip off where you screw the handle on. There is no way to attach the new shower handle. Help

Replacing single handle bathtub handle with 2 handles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am redoing the tile in my bathroom and want to change my single handle hot/cold fixture with a 2 handle fixture... Can I do this myself or do I need a plumber?. My house was built in the 1960's and the faucet seem original.. I do have access from the back and will have access in front once...

View more questions Search