Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Black n Proud Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Food science
    Is there anyone here who has a sound knowledge of food science specifically juice technology?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Do you have a question or is that all you wanted to know?
    Black n Proud Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    Do you have a question or is that all you wanted to know?
    Yes I have a question capuchin

If you want to create a juice blend with two acidic juices

One with malic acid, the other with citric acid, how can you get the desired taste while obtaining the final desirable percentage acidity.

Pearsons square is helpful but it only tells me how much of each to mix together to get the final percentage acidity I want, what do I do when I have my desired acidity but need to add more of one to get the taste I want without changing the acidity? I hope I have explained myself well enough for you to understand :)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2007, 01:32 PM
    You probably need to water it down to decrease concentration, then put a little more of the acid you want in.

I'm certainly no expert, but I do have some chemistry experience.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is science? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi pals What is science? How can we define science and what is the nature ? Can u tell me different science's?

Science [ 3 Answers ]

1. What is moon light? 2. Which of these is a satellite of the Earth? (the sun, or moon)

Science [ 1 Answers ]

Choose the correct answer 2. justify why you chose that as the correct answer Scientists have discovered that chromosomal abnormalities such as down syndrome can result from unusual timing of hormonal cycles in older women that result in unusual hormonal concentrations during oogenesis. At...

Science [ 1 Answers ]

What is a pure, new iron skillet?[element, compound, homogeneous mixture, or a heterogeneous mixture.. What is white out... homo, hetero, a compound or a element? What is sugar... homo, hetero, a compound or na element? What is a rock... homo, hetero, a compound or a element? And why for...

Wet dog food and dry dog food [ 5 Answers ]

Someone told me that I should be giving a balance of wet dog food and dry dog food each week and not just dry dog food all the time. He told me that too much dry food can cause constipation. Is this true? Also, which brands are considered low grade dog food?

View more questions Search