Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2012, 10:57 AM
    Shed Backyard
    I see 10x12 shed is a nightmare to put together. All the reviews state it was very difficult.
    There must be a shed that is fairly easy to install?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2012, 11:06 AM
    Easy is a relative term... some people have trouble installing a mailbox.

I built a 10 X16 shed and shingled it without any help. by myself. I'm not a carpenter, I'm not even in the construction trade... but I am good with my hands.

What's easy is to buy a prebuilt shed and have it delivered... they don't cost that much more.
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Jan 9, 2012, 05:27 AM
    My neighbor had 2 thousand screws and nearly went crazy, installing her shed.
    Yet another neighbor had a shed by Rubbermaid that snapped together.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2012, 07:02 AM
    The one I built was like that... no preassembled parts... but what seemed like a thousand pieces.

Unles you have time, and are good with your hands, buy one that's preassembled... because it IS a big job. I built mine on a slab so prefab was not an option... and it took me several weekends to finish it, AND paint it because I wanted it painted inside and out.

If you aren't comfortible or have the time.. its worth the extra couple hundred to have it built on site or dropped off prefab.

I don't like the rubbermaid ones personally... but if you live in a damp climate or a hot one like Louisianna where termites and carpenter ants are indemic... a plastic shed makes a lot of sense. Or all you need is a tiny storgage shed.
    SpringtimeHomes Posts: 78, Reputation: 12

Jan 9, 2012, 08:05 AM
    I ditto the pre-fab. The box stores have them in many sizes and offer foundation and delivery with the result costing much less than building on site. They are easy to dress up with different exterior details or paint to match your existing home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Need grass in my backyard! [ 1 Answers ]

My backyard is dry and barron. No grass is growing just dirt. I wanted to "start over" and plant new grass. Would tilling the whole yard be a wise move? Ground is unlevel in some areas from crawfish and dogs. If I tilled the ground and leveled the surface would it help?

Backyard Chickens [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I adopted 6 baby chicks. I built them a nice coop and a run in the back yard. I kepts them inside in a brooding coop until they had feathers. Now they are outside in their new coop. I let them out to roam the back yard outside of the run just about everyday. They have been growing very...

Parvo in backyard [ 3 Answers ]

We just moved here from germany with two dogs a one year old malimute and a 4 month old pit puppy. We are staying with family and they had a dog in the backyard before we got here who died of parvo and I was wondering how if my pups will get this disease and if so how soon will we notice any signs?...

Swamping area in backyard [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have owned my house for 2 years now. We bouight it in winter so when spring came and all the water we notice major swamping in the middle of our backyard and it is a big section of it. It is so bad that I can't let the kids play back there. Any tips on how to fix this that won't be so costly....

View more questions Search