Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paddypullen Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Unable to access user account
    :confused: When turning on my PC for the last couple of days it says it is unable to open my user account. I can still access all of my files when I go into windows explorer and delve into the hard drive and the account that loads up has the same name but every time I turn on my computer its like I'm starting it for the first time ever... even the Windows XP tour loads up! How can I make this end?:confused:
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 13, 2007, 02:19 PM
    If you are unable to open your user account how are you logging on to windows?
    If, as I suspect, you are using the admin account then you will always be able to access everything in the machine.

If this happened recently have you tried a system restore to a date BEFORE this happened?

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore > follow the Wizard
    paddypullen Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Genius! Worked a treat. Don't know why I didn't think of that one. Thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am unable to access registry after brontok.A [ 2 Answers ]

There is this virus by the name Rontokbro. This virus once it affcets the machine it disables the registry. For sometime now I have been successful in eliminating it by either Symantec or Norton. After this process I would normally run or instal 'UnHookExec' to enable the registry, but this time...

Unable to access 198.168.0.1 on my Server [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am unable to access 198.168.0.1 on my Internet Server. I have already wasted several hours trying to do so.Mine is a Broadband coneection with Cable Modem. Quick response will be appreciated Mangudi Anuratha

Unknown User Account in Windows XP SP2 [ 7 Answers ]

Please Help! Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2. An unknown user account (named mjRjnWcQcq) has appeared on my laptop. I can delete the folder c:\Documents and Settings\mjRjnWcQcq and registry values containing mjRjnWcQcq. When I reboot, mjRjnWcQcq is back! I am unable to switch to...

I need to give remote access to 2 user [ 1 Answers ]

Okay here is the project that I have to take. I need to give access to 2 users in separate locations. They need the ability to gain access to a program located in another office. The thing is the Boss does not want to spend any money on this project so I cannot purchase any software. They need...

Unable to Access Safe Mode in XP SP2 [ 6 Answers ]

I am unable to start in Safe Mode in XPSP2, either by hitting F8 during boot up or using msconfig: BOOTINI/SAFEBOOT. Start up will not enter Safe Mode, but simply returns to the start up choices each time. Because of this, when I tried the msconfig method, the PC kept cycling and I could not enter...

View more questions Search