Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maxedout Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Cub Cadet 1200
    Hi guys it's me again!

I recently traded around for an older Cub Cadet 1200, seems I over looked some problems but am happy over-all with my trade.

My question is what does it mean when 1st starting the engine it smokes blue for a couple of minutes and then clears up. Valves? Rings?

It also needs a clutch or the clutch adjusted. My feeling is it needs replacing, when shifting it scrubs gears even at a complete stop. It will pull itself apart in 1st gear so I was surprised it wasn't shifting correctly. It could be really bad out of adjustments.

Can you give me an ruff guess about how much these repairs will cost...

This Lawn Tractor is OLD and my guess is rings or valves or both. It has a Kohler Engine 12 hp. This thing is built like a tank by the way! I am really interested in restoring it as a summer project. The deck needs new bearings, blades, and some serious welding to repair damages.

I don't know much about it other than what I have said... I will have to get more information off the tractor when it warms up some.

One other thing, please explain how to rate and give credits to those who help on these questions. I had asked some questions about my Simplicity Tractor and wasn't able to figure out how to rate and give credit to those who helped!
    Maxedout Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxedout
    Hi guys it's me again!

I recently traded around for an older Cub Cadet 1200, seems I over looked some problems but am happy over-all with my trade.

My question is what does it mean when 1st starting the engine it smokes blue for a couple of minutes and then clears up. Valves? Rings?

It also needs a clutch or the clutch adjusted. My feeling is it needs replacing, when shifting it scrubs gears even at a complete stop. It will pull itself apart in 1st gear so I was surprised it wasn't shifting correctly. It could be really bad out of adjustments.

Can you give me an ruff guess about how much these repairs will cost....

This Lawn Tractor is OLD and my guess is rings or valves or both. It has a Kohler Engine 12 hp. This thing is built like a tank by the way! I am really interested in restoring it as a summer project. The deck needs new bearings, blades, and some serious welding to repair damages.

I don't know much about it other than what I have said...I will have to get more information off the tractor when it warms up some.

One other thing, please explain how to rate and give credits to those who help on these questions. I had asked some questions about my Simplicity Tractor and wasn't able to figure out how to rate and give credit to those who helped!
    Well surely that was an easy enough Question, yet I see no replies... Guys I am new to this site and didn't know how to rate or "spread reputation" It might have been helpful to KNOW or have this explained... I also asked HOW to do that on several of my previous posts! My guess is this is why no REPLIES... Sorry... if you go back an read my thread again on the Briggs 15hp you will see for yourselves HOW I spoke highly of the help I RECEIVED! I am learning computers.. give me a break!
    Cub_puller Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxedout
    Hi guys it's me again!

Can you give me an ruff guess about how much these repairs will cost....

I don't know much about it other than what I have said...I will have to get more information off the tractor when it warms up some.

Well 1st of all you have a really nice garden tractor, I have a Cub Cadet 582 that I pull. As far as a little blue smoke goes its more than likely the valves. If my memory serves correctly your mower has a Kohler 12hp on it. If it does than you can have the whole motor rebuilt for about $200 if you do it yourself, and most of the rebuild kits offered for the Kohler come with instructions to do it yourself. And as far as the clutch goes than you can go to Brian Millers website and order a whole new clutch from him. Here is his site http://members.aol.com/pullingtractor/clutch.htm If you have anymore questions you can email me at [email protected] and I will try to help you as much as possible
    Cub_puller Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Oh look ath the bottom of the post and there will be a button that says "Rate This Answer!" Click that and rate it!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Packard Bell Diamond 1200 plus flat bed scanner [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have one of the above scanners. Since I upgraded to Windows Xp Pro I cannot get it to scan. When I look in System Manager it says that the scanner is installed OK and the icon shows on the My Computer screen Is this a problem with my scanner or my USB installation? Anybody any ideas or...

Cub Cadet engine cuts out when PTO engaged [ 2 Answers ]

Model 2415, engine cuts out when PTO switch is engaged, OR, when simply taking it out of park and pressing on the forward pedal. Any ideas? Thanks!

Overheated Trane 1200 Compressor [ 3 Answers ]

We have a two-zoned central AC units. The compressor for the upstairs zone works normal. We are having problem with the downstair unit. The compressor some times does not start and some times trips the breaker switch. After replacing the breaker switch (40 Amps) it was running and cooling fine...

Packard bell diamond 1200 plus scanner won't install [ 15 Answers ]

Hi I have a Packard bell diamond 1200 scanner plus and when I tried to install it the other day it said it couldn't verify it certificate and continuing with the installation could destabilize and impar my computer, the thing is that I installed it before and its worked fine but I don't know why it...

View more questions Search