Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmhummer Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 06:32 AM
    How do I take apart the remote control handle on quicksilver commander 3000
    I have a Quicksilver Commander 3000 series remote control on my boat-how do I take it apart to check cables inside?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2012, 06:47 AM
    Find yours listed, see if this helps.

Mercury Parts, ACCESSORIES REMOTE CONTROLSVOLUME 2
    dwcontrols Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2012, 08:38 PM
    There is a Button that allows you to move the control handle forward to increase engine idle while disengaging the transmission lever to place outboard motor in gear. This Button allows you to idle the engine at higher speeds while engine remains in neutral. The Button is centered in the fulcrum of the handle.That plastic Button comes out when you pry on it with a straight blade screw driver. Pry it toward you. Behind this button is a brass hex nut with a hole in the middle of it. Remove that brass nut and that is all there is to it.
    The process is very cryptic, but simple when you figure it out. If you are not told about it, chances are you will not find this simple solution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Will a Hampton Bay Fan or HarborB remote work to replace a Hunter fan remote control? [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a used Hunter fan Model 23530 and it is missing the remote control Model 85095-01, Freq: 350Mhz, Battery 12V, Type 23A, MN-21 or equivalent. I have several Hampton Bay fan remotes that work. I also have a Harbor Breeze fan remote that I could use. They have the same functions and...

How to change ceiling fan remote batteries on a hamilton bay remote control unit [ 3 Answers ]

Before I break the darn thing, can you tell me if the back panel comes off or if I have to unscrew the top and bottom screws?

How to control 3fans on 1 remote control [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3 fans control by 1 switch on wall I want to control the 3 by one remote control hampton bay But only 2 responde to the control the other one does The opposite (if I turn on the light only 2 comes on and The other comes off ) the 3 recivers has the same code As well...

View more questions Search