Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmeyer01 Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2012, 08:57 PM
    SUNL ATV electrical issue, sparked when working with the ignition, now nothing
    Hello, I have a SUNL Transformer V6 ATV. (China youth ATV) It was running just fine but I lost the only key for it. I thought I would try to hotwire it somehow but apparently I did something wrong. There are 4 wires (red, green, black, black/white) coming out of the ignition. I just used a short piece of wire and tried crossing different combinations of these wires. Well while doing so, one of the combinations caused it to spark so I just stopped before wrecking more things. I ended up finding the key but now I get nothing when trying to start it. The battary still has power but I get absolutely nothing when hitting the ignition.

What did I short out or wreck? If nothing, what else could be the problem? How do I find the problem and how do I fix it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Trent

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical Ignition Switch and Heater [ 1 Answers ]

I just had my Electrical Ignition Switch changed in my 1990 Honda Civic. When I got it back from the mechanic, the blower for my heater/ac didn't work. Would that have anything to do with the work they did changing the ignition?

6.0 ford diesel ignition issue [ 1 Answers ]

After engine has been started, and vehicle runs for a period, upon turning off ignition, the vehicle will not start again. Vehicle only "cranks." Has had new injectors and fuel pump. Will restart after an hour or so. What other problems should be considered?

96 Honda Accord-- Ignition switch or other electrical issue? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 96 Accord that just quit running going down the road. The car restarts every time to 1000 rpm and quits and will restart with NO issue every time. If I hold the ignition on the car will run as long as I hold the ignition on, NOT good on starter I know... But car will run and I can rev...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.