Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    holly_stobie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 10:51 AM
    2 periods back to back with large blood clots!
    I have just stared yet another period after just ending one 5 days ago. I had major pain with the last one, I have never had that kind of pain before. Now with this period I just found an extremely large blood clot. Although it looked more like tissue then an actual bllod clot. What could this be and could this be why I was in so much pain with my last cycle?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 13, 2007, 10:54 AM
    This could very well have to do with possible anemia. You should get to the doctor as soon as possible as losing that much blood that quickly is not healthy.
    holmes_johniqua Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by holly_stobie
    I have just stared yet another period after just ending one 5 days ago. I had major pain with the last one, I have never had that kind of pain before. Now with this period I just found an extremely large blood clot. Although it looked more like tissue then an actual bllod clot. What could this be and could this be why I was in so much pain with my last cycle?
    I think personally you were going throughout a miss carriage at that time.
    wife2t Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 12:24 AM
    Hello there this happened to me about 8 years ago, I have a clot the size of a fist,:( I went to the doctor and showed them and they said that it was the contraceptive injection I was on. It tells your brain you are pregnant and they your body rejects it. Not sure if it is the same thing, depending if your sexually active. Hope this helps, but I ended up stopping the injections and it took me about 5 years to fall pregnant. :)
    Sunshine2 Posts: 70, Reputation: 11

May 9, 2007, 05:35 PM
    You should probably go to your gyn. You could have a cyst, maybe you could have had a miscarriage, etc. This could be serious, so I would not wait.
    MissAdvice Posts: 63, Reputation: 9
    -

May 9, 2007, 07:42 PM
    LARGE clots are usually a sign that something is wrong. It could be many things. One thing that I have heard of with this, is fibroid tumors. The two period could be as small as the period reset, meaning your 28 day cycles are changing, as all women aren't on a 28 day cycle pattern. It also could be implantation pregnancy. However a gyn is recommended.
    helen hunt Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 06:58 PM
    I had the same dr told me I was going thur the change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Large clots and discharge during period [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 27, not sexually active, and during my last period I had a few blood clots that were so large, they pushed my tampon out of my body along with heavy bleeding. Also, there was a mucus-like discharge mixed with blood that continued at the end of my period. In the past, my menstration cycles...

BIG and scary blood clots [ 1 Answers ]

I had endomitriosis and had surgery 10 yrs ago. I am very anemic, again! I had back surgery for which had to be given a set of injections a month before to bring my blood level up high enough to have the surgery otherwise the doctor said I couln't have it done. For the past 3 months. I have been...

Blood Clots [ 1 Answers ]

I Am Currently On The Depo Shot After Delivering In Sept. I Haven't Had A Period Since Delivery. I Got The Shot On Dec4 This Is My 1st Period. I Have Blood Clots Bigger Than A Half Dollar. Do You Have Any Suggestions On What Is Happening. I Delivered By C-section. I Haven't Been Sexually Active...

Blood Clots/Heavy Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently experiencing heavy bleeding during my 2nd day of my menstral with large blood clots. What could this be?

Blood clots after miscarriage [ 1 Answers ]

Last June at 5 months pregnant, I found out my baby had died. I had lost my insurance when I got pregnant and my husband and I were told to go to what turned out to be an abortion clinic for the removal. I had a very hard time during the procedure. It had to be repeated several times during the 6...

View more questions Search