Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    queenally Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2012, 06:20 PM
    I got charged with a DWI and then shoplifting recently after but before DWI courtdate
    OK so like I said I was charged with a DWI on Dec 10. My court date for that is Jan 10. However a few days ago I got caught shoplifting. That court date is Feb 15. Since I will be convicted of the shoplifting possibly during my probation but I didn't do the actual crime while on probation I'm wondering what will happen to me? Will this other crime that I did affect my DWI probation. These are both first offenses and I haven't ever been involved in any court issues before. HELP
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Jan 6, 2012, 06:27 PM
    Well right now you are batting 1000. Get you act cleaned up and prove to the court that you are sorry and will be a better person.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2012, 08:59 PM
    Lucky this would not violate your DUI probation, but the court needs to know of the new charges, this should be told in the pre sentence eval.

Also the DUI will keep you from getting any first offender program with the shoplifting,
    Nega0913 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2012, 03:11 PM
    Which one is cheapest car incuranse after DWI

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was charged with shoplifting and recently received this letter [ 3 Answers ]

I recently received a letter stating: This lawfirm represents ##### concerning it's claim against you in connection with an alleged incident in their store *** on **/**/07. ###### is considering proceeding with a civil claim against you pursuant to N.J.S.A. 2A:61c-1. Under the above...

Friend and a DWI [ 11 Answers ]

My husband and I were out with some friends 2 weekends ago. We went to dinner and then out for a few drinks afterwards. My husband and I left the bar at about 8:30 pm. 3 other couples and one of our single friends were still there. We went home and went to bed. The next morning we got a message...

View more questions Search