Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    endlesslove230 Posts: 52, Reputation: 2

Jan 6, 2012, 12:10 PM
    How to maintain the relationship? Topics to talk...
    Last year, a few days after Christmas I went to a birthday party and danced all night with a guy. He wanted to kiss me but I told him I couldn't, so he didn't try any further, but kept dancing a lot. After party he walked me home and the next day we talked a lot on messenger and I discovered he was exactly what I needed in guy.

We went out together but I kept it friendly, no holding hands, hugs or kisses. I wanted him to be just a friend, but on New Year's Eve he became my boyfriend. We are still talking a lot but I feel I'm running out of ideas. Dancing and listening to music are his great passions, I really love the music he likes, though I'm not a dancer. I know there are plenty of subjects to talk about, I surfed the Internet and found a lot of sites citing "x thousand questions to ask your boyfriend", I even looked in such book, but still I don't find the questions very appropriate and most of them seem quite stupid to ask (in my opinion).

He's leaving tomorrow (at university) and all we have to keep up the fire are discussions. But I don't know where to start from. I've been extremely busy with school in the last 2 years, I've lost touch with everything that happened around me, I have little experiences to talk about (and I already discussed them), I didn't do pretty anything of what he had (seen movies, series, played games, listened to particular bands). I can't talk about school forever. So, what should I do to keep up with him?

Attracting him happened without my wish, getting into a relationship was inevitable, but maintaining it is a real burden. I don't want to lose him because I'm not able to talk to him, he's just so perfect to me than I can't think of anything.

So, how do you keep active discussions in the long run and what should I start doing in order to attract his attention permanently? Really, I don't want to screw it up right now!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 6, 2012, 09:09 PM
    Ask him questions about himself, his life, his family, his hopes, and dreams so you can get to know something of one another. I would imagine as fast as things have happened, 3 WEEKS tops by my math, there is much to learn about each other.

And stupid stuff is okay, make each other laugh. Dust up on your music, and learn to dance for when he comes home on break. Explore your world and do your thing so you WILL have something to share.

Relax, its only been 3 weeks??

Jan 7, 2012, 02:18 AM
    In fact, it's been one week and a half and the hardest part is relaxation. I've had relationships before, but never been so stressed and desperate. I hope these feelings will vanish soon.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 7, 2012, 10:11 AM
    Relax, and don't give up your social life. Heck a week is nothing yet you are already excited?

Cool, calm, and collected, and in control of yourself.

Jan 7, 2012, 10:32 AM
    Well, it's not only about this. A lot of unexpected and longed things happened recently and I'm still in state of shock, that's why I'm so cheered up.

Today I went swimming and done a lot of ordinary things to help me get my feet on the ground again. For the moment I feel better, I mean, I start thinking again ;)).

Thank you for your advice and for taking the time to answer my question. I will follow your recommendations and I hope I'll get over it soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How does a girl who cannot orgasm maintain a romantic relationship? [ 26 Answers ]

I am 23, I have had nine partners, and only one has managed to make me orgasm. It was my first boyfriend who I spent two years with. It took six months and a vibrator to get me there. Since then I have not had an orgasm. Now I am beginning to question whether I even did? I am currently in a...

I need to talk to someone about my relationship [ 2 Answers ]

My girl and I broke up about a month ago and I thought I was over her but last night I cryed like a baby and today I still feel down in the dumps. I give up on us but still I can't get her out of my mind. How much longer will I go through this valley of doom and gloom?

View more questions Search