Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SimplyShirley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2012, 11:17 AM
    Hyper thyroid will I gain my weight back once the thyroid medicine regulates
    I have been losing weight for about 7months went to my dr because I was having hot flashes, tired all the time, weight loss achy muscles hair shedding . She did all the test for the thyroid which the results came back I had hyperthyroid she put me on this medicine called methimazole 10mg twice daily. But doesn't seem like its working only symptoms I currently don't have is the hot flashes as bad as I use to but I'm still losing weight is there anything else I can do to control this constant weight loss.. I went from a 13/14 to now wearing a size 8 and that's a little big. I've done research but it seems all the answers are for the people who have hypo thyroid symptoms nothing for the hyper thyroid... Any information will be greatly appreciated...

Check out some similar questions!

Thyroid,hyper or not? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been having problems with a rapid heartbeat,fatique,nervousnes,insomia, so my doc checked my thyroid and the results were tsh 1.64(normal), t4 13.8 (high).he said he would get me appointment with endo a month ago and I still don't have the app. So when I called back he said it could be up to...

Thyroid, possible to be one side hyper the other hypo? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a natural body scan, and was told that thyroid on one side was hyper and the other side was hypo (I think that is what the two conditions are called). They sold me suppliments, and after about 3 weeks of them, one side of my neck hurts. Went to Dr today to check it out, they are...

Thyroid - Hyper or Hypo [ 4 Answers ]

:o I am a 49 yo wf who has been experiencing weight gain, dry skin, joint pain and thinning hair. I have had spinal, hip and hand surgery due to an accident in the last 2 years. Other than that, no other physical trauma or changes in medication. My physcian order a thyroid panel which came back...

Fastest way to gain weight without medicine? [ 3 Answers ]

Please tell the fastest way to up weight without medicine? I want to be bigger!

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.