Ask
    getback Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2012, 08:26 AM
    What is a inducer motor
    What is a inducer motor
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 6, 2012, 08:30 AM
    Usually associated with a furnace or water heater, this motor is a fan that starts a draft to insure the exhaust moves up the chimney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inducer motor? [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn my thermostat on at first I hear a humming then it blows hot air then cold air. I was told I need an Inducer motor? Does that sound correct?

Inducer motor cycles on and off [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older (12yrs) Rheem heat/cool unit. The inducer motor cycles on and off when the temp is around 75 degrees on a cooling setting. The cooling temp is set to 78 degrees. I replaced the thermostat thinking this would remedy the problem. The problem stills presists. The furnace seems to...

How much for an inducer motor? [ 1 Answers ]

How much should it cost to replace a goodman inducer motor that is humming?

What is the inducer motor [ 3 Answers ]

I have a bryant 395C gas furnace and the inducer motor assembly is making noise. The motor seems fine and the furnace operates normally, but there is a plastic wheel attached to the end of the motor that is rattling when the motor runs. I've looked at pictures of many inducer motor...

Problem with inducer motor which just went out. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, this is my first question on this forum. I hope that some of you can help me out with this query, as I'm literally out in the cold right now. My inducer motor just went out on our central a/c heating unit. It's a York rooftop model. I am wondering if someone could guide me as to...

View more questions Search