Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chucky9924 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2012, 05:42 PM
    Cal spa heater whisper power unit
    I have a cal spa the heater light is on but not heating up just staying at 78 degrees I have a meter but not sure which wires to check on my whisper power unit. There is also a long round fuse that is a bg3031 could that be the problem?
    Dr_Spa Posts: 101, Reputation: 13

Jan 5, 2012, 07:08 PM
    You have a meter, and you have a fuse... and you're wondering if the fuse might be the problem?

I've never figured out how to say this in a polite, friendly, respectful way (my apologies), but, if you haven't done a basic test to see if the fuse is good, or you don't know how to, you should NOT be messing around in there. Electricity and water kills. Electricity by itself kills.

Never the less, you probably have a bad heating element.
    Chucky9924 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2012, 09:18 PM
    Spa heater next ?
    Ok for the person that responded to my ? The fuse is good and not sure where the heater element is, is it the round thing attached to the heater tube or is it he whole heater tube. All wires that are attached to the panel are good as far as amps
    Dr_Spa Posts: 101, Reputation: 13

Jan 6, 2012, 08:32 AM
    The round thing is probably a pressure switch. The element is inside the "hearer tube".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cal Spa not heating [ 27 Answers ]

Hi I have a Cal Spa. I do not know the model though, but we have had it since 1999. Recently the hot tub has not been heating up. The pump will run, but the heater will not turn on. The heating light on the digital screen is not on even though I adjust the temperature. I have been looking up...

I have a 2003 cal spa with no heat. It is a 5000 series controller with an xl heater. [ 4 Answers ]

I have 120 volts at both lugs of the heater. Should I assume the element is bad? It is supposed to have a lifetime warranty but I have read bad things about cal spas service. Anybody have any ideas?

PS2-F cal spa [ 0 Answers ]

I have a cal spa Model PS2-F I was needing to know if there is a manual I can download somewhere for it! And I also need to know if this type of motor is just one speed or if it is two speeds?

Cal spa heater [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1999 cal spa just got it and got it up and running tonight. The pump runs fine but the only time the heater light is on is when the pump is running is that normal?

Cal spa 5000 heater not working? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Cal Spa 5000 and it was manufactured in 2003. It will not heat up and the jets are running with the thermos stat set to 100 degrees . I have turned the power on and off but still have no heat. Thanks

View more questions Search