Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonlite Posts: 90, Reputation: 3

Jan 5, 2012, 04:35 PM
    Executor is suing me !
    My sister was named Executor of my father's Will. She is suing me for mishandling his social security payments and requesting that I give full account of all money I received on behalf of my father. His SS payments used to go directly to my bank account. I never kept records because I did not see this coming from her. I did the best I could with his money and took care of him. How can I defend myself against a law suit like this ?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 5, 2012, 04:53 PM
    Where are your bank statements? If the executrix of your father's estate is asking for an accounting, then by law, you have to provide it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Executor [ 3 Answers ]

I am from a family of five. My sister and one brother are co-executors. My parents of 83 years old have finally completed their will and trust. My other two brothers have recently persuaded my parents to take a loan on one of their rental properties (but it will be in my parents name only). At the...

What an executor can not do? [ 8 Answers ]

My mom just died less than 2 weeks ago, I am 1 of 5 kids. My brother and sister are both executors of her will(which I have not been allowed to see), anyway they are already negotiating between themselves who gets which of the 3 cars(1 of them doesn't run), there is 3 houses and a total of 50...

Non-compliant executor of a will. [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I have no idea where to begin or if I am in the right place so I apologize in advance if I am not. In Feb 2003 my Grandmother, my mother's mother, passed away. In her will it stated I would receive a ring set when I turned 25. This set is what my father, who is also now deceased, gave to my...

Can you witness a will and be the Executor? [ 8 Answers ]

My parents have both passed away in the past 5 months. Mother's will left all to my Dad. Dad's will left all to us four kids. Both wills were written and notorized on the same day several years ago. My sister and I were witness to both wills as well as another witness. Now that Dad has passed away...

Need to know what an executor can or cannot do! [ 2 Answers ]

HELP! I am one of 4 beneficiaries (siblings) who inherited a house from my father. There was an appraisal done after his death to establish a cost basis for the home. Home has not been sold yet due to family who thought they wanted to buy it, then indecision of executor to sell with realtor or...

View more questions Search